+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Redmond and Adomah

Redmond and Adomah

Two examples of the types of wingers that can win you the league or get you promoted. Pacey and direct. Problem with our fans are we are too impatient, Nooney used to be exactly like this, I remember his first game vs Wolves, there's going to be times where they don't go past the full back and lose the ball a couple of times. Our shit support gets on the players backs and forces them to be safe and play negative.

Just watch how exciting these two are today, and how excited their fans are when they just pick up the ball

Re: Redmond and Adomah

There we go......

There's one big difference (particularly this season), Redmond and Adomah play for the team...

Abdomah seems skilful but inconsistent.
    Redmond for me is superb.
    Tricky, fast and decent delivery.
    Occasionally a bit wasteful in front of goal , but Premier league quality.

I don't think we ever had a issue with players being direct at all. Noones problem that was his decision making was not because of the team but his own self ego. Absolutely no issue with players taking others on, but when you want to try and go around 3 to make yourself look good, when there's other better options on is really frustrating.

Also, His end product wasn't the best, but it was decent enough for the championship.

Redman is prem claas and a very promising talent

Adomah is probably championship level.

Redmond tore our defence a new arse, in the game we went 2-0 up and lost 4-2. Definitely a Premier League class player.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig wrote on Mon, 25 May 2015 17:50
    Redmond tore our defence a new arse, in the game we went 2-0 up and lost 4-2. Definitely a Premier League class player.
    Ripped us apart at their place as well

Redmond turned us down to go to Norwich. Malky tried to use the leverage of Jordan Mutch being his best mate to get him but he wanted a guaranteed starting place which we would not offer.

Is there such a thing as a "guaranteed starting place"? Can't you just guarantee it and then go back on your word?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe King wrote on Mon, 25 May 2015 15:08
    Two examples of the types of wingers that can win you the league or get you promoted. Pacey and direct. Problem with our fans are we are too impatient, Nooney used to be exactly like this, I remember his first game vs Wolves, there's going to be times where they don't go past the full back and lose the ball a couple of times. Our shit support gets on the players backs and forces them to be safe and play negative.
    Adomah's just had his best season, but I don't think he's been any better than Noone was in our Championship winning year and, although I believe Redmond is a Premiership quality player, Noone certainly had his moments at that level last season - hopefully, a full pre season will see him back to his best come August.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue wrote on Mon, 25 May 2015 19:09
    Is there such a thing as a "guaranteed starting place"? Can't you just guarantee it and then go back on your word?
    I guess it gets used a lot in contract negotiations, it was definitely the case with Redmond and also cited as the reason for Richard Gough choosing Derby over City.

Didn't we try for Adomah a couple of seasons back?

Noone was class in the premier league. Be interesting to see how he does with Norwich next year