+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Depression

Re: Depression

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Wed, 27 May 2015 12:21
    The more you know about these things the easier they are to beat.
    This is true, a panic attack for instance is your mind on such a heightened state of mental alertness it kicks in what is known as 'fight or flight' at the slightest hint of fear, a panic attack is actually there to protect you against impending danger, in most cases it's a false alarm triggered by fear responses, once you realise this controlling them is pretty easy.

It's interesting, and quite humbling, to see people open up here, and from an outside looking in perspective, surprising to see who's suffered from it from their "normal" posting style.
    I don't know much about it, but I'd imagine being able to share your feelings is one of the first steps to recovery. I wish you all well.

Thanks for all the advice, it's amazing to realise how common it it is. I just thought It couldn't happen to me, but listening to other accounts it's not a case of pulling yourself together, the chemical imbalance aspect really seems relevant.

Its incredibly common CI and the days of stigma are thankfully becoming less of an issue. Don't give yourself a hard time about it and talk with close family and friends. I can say from the experience of my son that talking has helped.

We are all human. We all have our strengths,our weaknesses and our foibles. From time to time we all need those that are around us for help and I am certain your loved ones would absolutely want to help during a tough time in your life.