+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: External Wall insulation

External Wall insulation

Anyone had this done? Or had a neighbour do it. Our neighbour has just got a grant to do it. It involves taking around 4" (11cm) of our land. In principle I am happy to agree to it as I know how cold that room is in our house.

What are the legal things about this, I have said that I would want the land transferred to them to avoid any future land ownership issues.

And I am not sure what, if any, I should charge them. The land is down the side of the house and is not used other than to dump my crap and the bins. Would £500 seem reasonable, or too little?

I am at a loss on this one and not sure what to say to them.

Re: External Wall insulation

Four inches four bloody inches

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas wrote on Tue, 26 May 2015 19:09
    All the research I can find on it is about people who are outraged that their neighbour wants to put the cladding on their house. I am agreeable to them using the land. I cant find anything about people who are happy to let them put the cladding on, but want to check any legal ramifications. Hence my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon wrote on Tue, 26 May 2015 19:14
    It seems silly, but you cant just let them use the land. It could cause future land ownership issues. So the land is going to have to be transferred over to them. It not much (around 5-6sq/ft in total), that's why I am not sure if I should be asking a nominal fee for the land, or just let them use it.
    I know, I'm only joking mate. Always best to get it done properly like you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon wrote on Tue, 26 May 2015 19:14
    It seems silly, but you cant just let them use the land. It could cause future land ownership issues. So the land is going to have to be transferred over to them. It not much (around 5-6sq/ft in total), that's why I am not sure if I should be asking a nominal fee for the land, or just let them use it.
    Do you live next door to Jack and Vera Duckworth?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon wrote on Tue, 26 May 2015 18:56
    Anyone had this done? Or had a neighbour do it. Our neighbour has just got a grant to do it. It involves taking around 4" (11cm) of our land. In principle I am happy to agree to it as I know how cold that room is in our house.
    If you are happy to see the land go then the minimum you should be looking for is for it to be done legally and properly for the reasons you suggested, with your neighbour picking up all of your fees and costs for doing so - legal fees and possibly surveyors fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Tue, 26 May 2015 19:22
    What are the legal things about this, I have said that I would want the land transferred to them to avoid any future land ownership issues.
    Cheers Croesy, I have said that I wont bear any costs, and want it transferred properly. They seem okay with that. I am not sure whether to ask for a small sum for the land? You make your money in a similar business, would you ask for money for the land? And how much.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon wrote on Tue, 26 May 2015 19:29
    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Tue, 26 May 2015 19:22
    And I am not sure what, if any, I should charge them. The land is down the side of the house and is not used other than to dump my crap and the bins. Would £500 seem reasonable, or too little?
    The land is worth what you can agree to sell it for and they agree to pay for it. Could be nothing plus costs or you may get up to about £1k if they are that keen.