+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Calling on all city fans for help!!

Calling on all city fans for help!!

I have decided to run the London marathon in 2016 in memory of my step dad Lee who recently passed away, aged 44 to a very very rare heart condition called endocarditis. I am going to run the marathon through the British Heart Foundation but need to raise a minimum of £2000 and pay the £100 entry fee. By doing this I'll be giving something back to him as a person and contributing to a very good cause which could affect us all at some point in life. I must admit I was one of you who thought I won't be one of them people but here I am telling the story. I'm new to raising money and want to make good progress early on. I can't think of a better way than through social media and through fellow city and football fans in general. If every one who came on here could donate just a £1 then I would easily meet my target by the end of the year.

If any of you are willing to kindly donate it would be much appreciated, my page is:

https://www.justgiving.com/ricky-derrick

Re: Calling on all city fans for help!!

Done. Sorry it couldn't be more but I have been made redundant and can't find work.

Cheers mate you are my 1st ever donation, really really appreciate it. I have my doubts I can raise the money but if I don't try I will never know.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyd67 wrote on Tue, 26 May 2015 21:05
    Cheers mate you are my 1st ever donation, really really appreciate it. I have my doubts I can raise the money but if I don't try I will never know.
    Best of luck with it. To be fair there are some really decent folks on here who will help you on your way. Get your project on facebook and twitter and you will be sorted.

Cheers this is the start so I need to give it time, fingers crossed

Done, good luck

top man, all the best

BUMP

Done, Good luck mate! Bump!

That's brilliant much appreciated! Anyone know how I can keep this post at the top of the board for as long as possible without reposting and annoying people? All suggestions welcome?

You got mine, good luck.

Thanks mate, I'm 2% there now

Ask Mike nicely for it to be a sticky for a month! Cant see anyone minding, its for a good cause

Just messaged him fingers crossed 😉