+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Should Slade start panicking?

Should Slade start panicking?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ca rdiff-city-target-bruno-ribeiro-9337854?

The Mourinho connection means that I wouldn't rule this rumour out completely.

Re: Should Slade start panicking?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Wed, 27 May 2015 11:42
    Slade can be the kit man

Id rather the soon to be ex Watford manager - proven he can do it, and if he wants a challenge.... Tan can provide that for him

I wouldnt trust Slade to be the Kit Man either - I would think he makes a great cup of tea - so maybe there is a job for him in the canteen

Slade insists he has been given assurances.

It could get very interesting!

(Or not very interesting at all).

We should give Slade a chance with his own team ...say 3 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Wed, 27 May 2015 13:38
    So that's Forest Green, Shrewsbury and the first Dutch game then .

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Wed, 27 May 2015 13:54
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Wed, 27 May 2015 13:38
    So that's Forest Green, Shrewsbury and the first Dutch game then .
    That sounds fair.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Wed, 27 May 2015 11:42
    But I have no idea what advantage there would be in appointing Slade as D of F.

Slate should be worried. There appears to be no movement whatsoever thus far where other sides seem to be looking at personnel now. If Tan looks at the players brought in by Slade he will see two very average full backs who have added nothing. He will see a midfielder loaned from Palace that did less than nothing. He will see a striker in Ravell who added nothing.
    I have a feeling Doyle could come good but it is our style of football that proved a culture shock to a striker used to seeing the ball on the floor.
    What I still find difficult to get my head in is what Tan expects? He knows that Slade cannot give him a successful team, and will not find many quality players wanting to play for him. It's one thing to cut costs, but in this game, cutting costs also conversely affects the top end in terms of gates, sales, media interest and everything else.
    I'm lost, but possibly not as lost as Slade is.
    We are relegation candidates as it stands, that's not in doubt.

From humble PE Teacher who has achieved nothing of significance in the footy world to Director of Football at a club run by Mad Emperor Ming and millions £ to spend. I bet he can't stop laughing.

Slade Out

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Wed, 27 May 2015 16:17
    Slate should be worried. There appears to be no movement whatsoever thus far where other sides seem to be looking at personnel now. If Tan looks at the players brought in by Slade he will see two very average full backs who have added nothing. He will see a midfielder loaned from Palace that did less than nothing. He will see a striker in Ravell who added nothing.
    If you mean O'Keefe, we've signed him permanently.