+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mobile Phones

Mobile Phones

I am with Sainsburys and am happy with them as far as the UK service is concerned. But as they are a 'virtual' network, they cannot offer any overseas call packages.
    As it costs 15p a minute to call the USA, is it possible to get an overseas call package elsewhere and yet still remain with them?
    thanks...

Re: Mobile Phones

You want to call the U.S. from your mobile in the U.K.?
    - have a look at Skype http://www.skype.com/en/rates

You can Skype from many devices now, not just a smartphone or PC.

If one or more both parties have smartphones then again look at Vonage Mobile, MagicApp, Skype, Google Hangouts, Viber or other VIOP app or even FaceTime (if both have Apple devices) for example. These will be cheap or even free if using a free or home wifi connection.

Another option is for you to swap out your SIM on each occasion to make an overseas call using a different provider, e.g. Lycamobile - pay as you go cheap international calls. Lycamobile goes over the partner O2 network (your Sainsbury one uses Vodafone, so check coverage first) but this could be an option if you don't have a smartphone.

Or are you going to the U.S. and want to call back home when you get there?
    - again Skype?

I've used a travelsim.co.uk in the past (still got some credit on my old "holiday" SIM card), but my now my iPhone allows me to make virtually free calls from abroad back home now....using BT SmartTalk. If you are a BT broadband customer and have a smartphone (android or iPhone) you can go to a free wifi spot anywhere in the world and make a call back home for the same price as it would be from your home landline. Genius.

Re: Mobile Phones

Thanks for that, looking to call USA from here
    Skype is obvioulsy the best option, but call quality can at times be poor