+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Migrant Crisis In Calais

Re: Migrant Crisis In Calais

Quote Originally Posted by alfie sherwood wrote on Fri, 31 July 2015 21:59
    Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Fri, 31 July 2015 21:39
    these lot look vulnerable and the type you really would want in your country, dont they
    not sure about the fodder bit though, the pic was on a newsfeed i am on, so not sure of the origin of the press pic

Quote Originally Posted by redjk wrote on Fri, 31 July 2015 17:56
    The lack of replies to this message is so telling - wonder why the wannabee Daily Mail editorial writers on here have had nothing to say about it?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Sat, 01 August 2015 00:50
    these lot look vulnerable and the type you really would want in your country, dont they
    Or are the hidden faces a religious thing ? ?? ?
    Now, I appreciate that I'm directing this question to somebody with limited intelligence and a world perception entirely shaped by the Sun/Mail/Sky/Talksport etc, but what reason do you think that a vilified group of people under an intense media spotlight who ultimately hope to settle in the UK could have for hiding their faces?

Quote Originally Posted by alfie sherwood wrote on Sat, 01 August 2015 07:27
    Jesus, have a word with yourself ffs.
    They are hiding their faces so when they are caught and turned back there is no images of them so they can try and try again, common sense Alfie, we cannot keep letting them in, you are like some of these judges and politicians living in your ivory tower

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Mears wrote on Thu, 30 July 2015 22:49
    Why do these migrants risk death to come to Britain as opposed to Germany, Austria, Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by ken smith wrote on Thu, 30 July 2015 01:17
    Way, way asylum seekers more go to Germany. Strangely Sweden also has loads more applications that the UK, despite being a lot, lot smaller in population terms.
    I wonder how that policy is working ?

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor wrote on Sat, 01 August 2015 07:45
    I can imagine you in whichever nowheresville backwater town is unfortunate enough to have you as a resident, with you driving around thinking to yourself, " hmm, he's brown skinned and got a beard, probably a suicide bomber," "oooh, look that fellas got a pink shirt on, bet he's a poofter." "Ooo, she looks like a single mother, almost certainly a ****in benefits cheat."
    You are aware that many of those who have eventually arrived in the UK having clung to the rear axle of a bus or hidden in the back of a truck (some of whom made multiple attempts) have actually been granted asylum in the UK, because they have legitimate claims to refugee status?

It's obvious some would have genuine claims, but show me the facts

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor wrote on Sat, 01 August 2015 08:17
    I thought that's what the chart posted by redjk was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Sat, 01 August 2015 08:34
    Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor wrote on Sat, 01 August 2015 08:17
    I thought that's what the chart posted by redjk was doing.
    issue seems to be that Calais is a bottleneck into the uk, the rest of europe is open doors so it looks like we have a bigger problem than anyone else when we probably don't

All the chart shows is what proportion of asylum seekers each country takes, it does not show what proportion of asylum seekers are successful, which is what facts I was referring to!

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor wrote on Sat, 01 August 2015 08:51
    All the chart shows is what proportion of asylum seekers each country takes, it does not show what proportion of asylum seekers are successful, which is what facts I was referring to!
    Packerman is right, Calais is a bottleneck which means that the impression is given of hoards of infidels ready to overrun us - great headlines for the Murdoch press and the Daily Mail, but just not true in reality.

I see your point Bob, but what proportion of those at Calais, just want to disappear in the uk, so your slow invasion seems to be quite a bit faster, that is without all the illegals that not even the government have any idea how many!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Sat, 01 August 2015 09:22
    Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor wrote on Sat, 01 August 2015 08:51
    Let's say every single one of those 461 in a million applicants were successful. The population of the UK was 64.1 million in 2013 according to Wikipedia, so I make it that we would have let 29,550 asylum seekers settle in this country in that year.
    According to the red cross, 41% of asylum seekers are given permission to remain, so you can cut that number in half too.

So the other 59% are sent back and then try to get in again and don't seek asylum just become part of the black economy. that is why they all hide their faces

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Sat, 01 August 2015 07:15
    Quote Originally Posted by redjk wrote on Fri, 31 July 2015 17:56
    I would rather I lived in a country that helped more desperate people, especially when we've had a hand in some of the reasons behind it all.
    P.S. I don't consider myself to be a wannabee Daily Mail editor

If these people are genuine asylum seekers why do they feel the need to travel across Europe to come to the UK? If I was escaping from tyranny etc I would probably be happy to stop once I was in a safe country and able to love freely.

Apart from one recent photo of a young child most of these people appear to be young male adults - so why not get a job in france, Italy etc.

I am also aware of the young unaccompanied children who enter the UK are put into care/foster home. I would hope to think that the UK try to repatriate these children to their home of birth, if appropriate. Surely thy must have families there?

Finally, we are a small country, facing economic cut backs. The same people who moan about that, jump on the bandwagon about how we must let these poor souls into the UK. Well NO is my answer. Genuine refuges yes but these people who want to come in via the back door - send them back. If they do not tell you where they come from how cab they claim refugee status!!

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor wrote on Sat, 01 August 2015 09:35
    So the other 59% are sent back and then try to get in again and don't seek asylum just become part of the black economy. that is why they all hide their faces
    Though maybe Its a scandal might be a more apt song ? ??

Quote Originally Posted by DP1 wrote on Sat, 01 August 2015 09:49
    If these people are genuine asylum seekers why do they feel the need to travel across Europe to come to the UK? If I was escaping from tyranny etc I would probably be happy to stop once I was in a safe country and able to love freely.
    This is the point i really do not get, a safe country is a safe county, why are they living in a shanty camp ( some over 1 year now ) and risking life trying to get into the UK ? ? ?
    Eveyone on here will agree, if its a genuine case, lets hear it

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor wrote on Sat, 01 August 2015 09:30
    I see your point Bob, but what proportion of those at Calais, just want to disappear in the uk, so your slow invasion seems to be quite a bit faster, that is without all the illegals that not even the government have any idea how many!
    Imagine, the government don't know how many people are here illegally. You would have thought they would all have registered with the Illegal Alien Department.

Quote Originally Posted by alfie sherwood wrote on Sat, 01 August 2015 08:10
    I can imagine you in whichever nowheresville backwater town is unfortunate enough to have you as a resident, with you driving around thinking to yourself, " hmm, he's brown skinned and got a beard, probably a suicide bomber," "oooh, look that fellas got a pink shirt on, bet he's a poofter." "Ooo, she looks like a single mother, almost certainly a ****in benefits cheat."
    What a man you are. Fodder for the tabloids, fodder for the shock jocks.
    As Chris says, what happens to the people who are turned down ? ? ? I guess they either go on the run ( as we know they do ) or they get sent back to france ? ? ? and start again, this time when they arrive, they just become part of the " black labour world " and live in squalor in multiple occupancy homes ( and we have seen this happen aswell )

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Sat, 01 August 2015 09:58
    This is the point i really do not get, a safe country is a safe county, why are they living in a shanty camp ( some over 1 year now ) and risking life trying to get into the UK ? ? ?
    This sounds a bit NIMBY. Would you be saying that if the UK was the first safe country for most of them?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Sat, 01 August 2015 10:03
    Quote Originally Posted by alfie sherwood wrote on Sat, 01 August 2015 08:10
    What a man you are. Fodder for the tabloids, fodder for the shock jocks.
    Oh so i am wrong then ? ?
    The ones who's applications are refused aren't sent to France, they are sent to their country of origin.

Nothing against them personally.

But

Anyone going past Lunar house in Croydon on a daily basis you witness long queues waiting to get documents:they are even open on weekends now as it is the main Home Office site for this.

These people rarely want & often refuse accommodation in other parts of the country so they become a burden on local taxpayers who are already facing cutbacks in LG services.

All this talk of immigrants/EU residents jumping the housing queues is not a myth, I used to work in housing so I have seen it happen in Croydon.

Is it fair that a Polish woman(without children or disabilities) is given aa new build social housing flat after being in the country for only two years to the detriment of local born residents ?

Unless we have major investment in social housing & infrastructure we could see in the future massive public insurrection, these MP's have no understanding of mass uncontrolled immigration/migration/EU & the problems this causes to the local population as they all live mainly in unaffected affluent areas & after all they do not have to send there kids to overcrowded/underfunded primary schools & doctors surgeries etc.

lovely picture by the way.

the dirty dozen springs to mind , and the one with the ladder is obviously a window cleaner.