+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Communication Workers Union backs Corbyn

Feedback

Re: Communication Workers Union backs Corbyn

you made the claim that Corbyn was different, that he wasn't a career politician. You also tried to suggest that because he claimed the least expenses he was somehow honourable. Perhaps he claimed less expenses because he did little work

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Schumann wrote on Fri, 31 July 2015 12:52
    you made the claim that Corbyn was different, that he wasn't a career politician. You also tried to suggest that because he claimed the least expenses he was somehow honourable. Perhaps he claimed less expenses because he did little work
    Can you quote me on "the career politician" bit? Cheers.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by gnasher wrote on Fri, 31 July 2015 09:53
    People, young people especially, are fed up with the Westminster bubble career politician, all with snout in trough. The phrase "they are all the same" is well used. If Corbyn gets elected that will change. Corbyn was the mp who claimed the least expenses of all mps i. 2010.
    you're talking shite of course. Corbyn is just another career politician who wishes to impose his views of how the world should upon on everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Schumann wrote on Fri, 31 July 2015 13:44
    People, young people especially, are fed up with the Westminster bubble career politician, all with snout in trough. The phrase "they are all the same" is well used. If Corbyn gets elected that will change. Corbyn was the mp who claimed the least expenses of all mps i. 2010.
    you have claimed above that people are sick of career politicians. you then claim Corbyn, if made leader, would change that.
    You know full well what he meant, why not debate that rather than spend the next five pages not picking over semantics - AGAIN!

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Fri, 31 July 2015 13:55
    you have claimed above that people are sick of career politicians. you then claim Corbyn, if made leader, would change that.
    you're talking shite of course. Corbyn is just another career politician who wishes to impose his views of how the world should upon on everyone else.
    its in black and white so perhaps you need to have a word with Swampy and ask him to explain himself. You seem to be saying you know what he and I are saying better than we know ourselves. what arrogance

The public are sick of politicians who speak in Westminster sound bites, a 20 year old girl was elected in Scotland, i suppose you could call her a career politician as she has not had a job, however she dos'nt sound like the normal run of the mill candidate and neither does Corbyn. Corbyn's ability to play with a straight bat and actually try to answer the question posed is refreshing. if it opens up debate and gets more young people get involved in politics, great, not that you'd be interested.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by gnasher wrote on Fri, 31 July 2015 14:25
    he is straight talking because you say he is. you support his ideals (or they are not that far away from yours). you could say Nigel Farage is straight talking too, you're not bigging him up. yet again a leftist poster picks and chooses when they apply their morals.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Schumann wrote on Fri, 31 July 2015 14:43
    Ffs feedy, you can be painful.
    ETA - it is not just Gnasher that is saying he is straight talking every commentator and journalist is saying he is, people in pubs, on the street and in work places are saying he is. You are the only person i have seen question this.

Quote Originally Posted by NECS wrote on Fri, 31 July 2015 07:52
    I would like to thank the Communication Workers Union and all the other unions who have given their support to Uncle Jerry for providing us with the next four and a half years of comedy gold. Watching the delusional Labour Party at the moment is rather like looking at a motorway pile up. You know it's horrific and there will be so much pain involved but somehow it's such a fascinating spectacle that you just cannot take your eyes away from it. When Jeremy's tenure ends in a Tory avalanche in 2020 it will be obvious to some of the comrades that the problem was that he was not left wing enough. Where will they go from there ? Dig up Joe Stalin would be my bet.
    That's a pretty good summation of what is likely to happen.I think the backing of the Unions is a bit of a poison chalice.Might get you elected and then the will want to own you.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Fri, 31 July 2015 17:47
    I would like to thank the Communication Workers Union and all the other unions who have given their support to Uncle Jerry for providing us with the next four and a half years of comedy gold. Watching the delusional Labour Party at the moment is rather like looking at a motorway pile up. You know it's horrific and there will be so much pain involved but somehow it's such a fascinating spectacle that you just cannot take your eyes away from it. When Jeremy's tenure ends in a Tory avalanche in 2020 it will be obvious to some of the comrades that the problem was that he was not left wing enough. Where will they go from there ? Dig up Joe Stalin would be my bet.
    Where as the Tories regulalry jump to the tune of their backers - but their motivation is a little less righteous.

Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Fri, 31 July 2015 18:01
    That's a pretty good summation of what is likely to happen.I think the backing of the Unions is a bit of a poison chalice.Might get you elected and then the will want to own you.
    That may be your opinion=I saw so much waste at SEC/NEC level of members contributions back in the 70/80s that any trust that I had in them wanting a fair deal for their members was lost.Feather their own nest was more appropriate.Your welcome to your beliefs-they don't match my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Fri, 31 July 2015 18:11
    The Labour Party was formed by the trade union movemnet and has been funded by it for its entire 100 years plus history. Not sure why people think the idea of trade unions having influence in the party they formed is such an outrageos thing.
    A very different story to the issue we are talking about.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Fri, 31 July 2015 16:55
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Schumann wrote on Fri, 31 July 2015 14:43
    Ffs feedy, you can be painful.
    The public are sick of politicians who speak in Westminster sound bites, a 20 year old girl was elected in Scotland, i suppose you could call her a career politician as she has not had a job, however she dos'nt sound like the normal run of the mill candidate and neither does Corbyn. Corbyn's ability to play with a straight bat and actually try to answer the question posed is refreshing. if it opens up debate and gets more young people get involved in politics, great, not that you'd be interested.
    I am not suggesting Corbyn is not without principles, morals, scruples or ideas, just the the qualities (or even lack of them) found in Corbyn are found elsewhere in other politicians that some of you wouldn't be so quick to advocate. The reason Corbyn is being talked up by certain sections is because of his politics and not his qualities, and you would expect that in politics.

Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Fri, 31 July 2015 18:23
    Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Fri, 31 July 2015 18:11
    The Labour Party was formed by the trade union movemnet and has been funded by it for its entire 100 years plus history. Not sure why people think the idea of trade unions having influence in the party they formed is such an outrageos thing.
    What the trade uniosn want is a fair deal and social justice for ordinary people. Is that really such a bad thing to be wanting?
    Your the one that made the claim about all the unions wanting is a fair deal for their members-but hey ho you hear,see or speak no evil about unions.Good on you for your unstinting loyalty.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Fri, 31 July 2015 18:38
    Your the one that made the claim about all the unions wanting is a fair deal for their members-but hey ho you hear,see or speak no evil about unions.Good on you for your unstinting loyalty.
    And you have not demonstrated that trade unions do not want a fair deal and social justice. You have made reference to some experience you had 30/40 years ago. Trade unions are far more than the NEC and not all NEC members are the same. But if you want to judge a movement with millions of members by the actions of a handful of your mates 40 years ago, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Schumann wrote on Fri, 31 July 2015 18:38
    I fear you are blinded by perception and you are mixing two aspects of my point.
    Of course some people are also bigging up Corbyn because of his politics. In other news, the Pope is a Catholic. But even many who do not share his politics are also grudgingly acknowledging his straight talking is striking a chord with the public, just like people accept that Farage's straight talking strikes a chord with the public, even if they do not like his politics. I hate everything Farage represents with a passion, but I aint about to make out he is not a straight talker. I really don't get what your point is.

Feedback

My point is that being a straight talker doesn't make Corbyn a good politician. I used Farage as a reference point - not all straight talkers are worth listening to.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Schumann wrote on Fri, 31 July 2015 19:58
    My point is that being a straight talker doesn't make Corbyn a good politician. I used Farage as a reference point - not all straight talkers are worth listening to.
    There are huge numbers of young people out there that will march against injustices, put their liberty on the line to get involved in direct action and will spend weeks camped on a site destined to be fracked, but would never dream of voting cos there is no one that speaks to them. Corbyn is speaking to them. Whether or not there are enough of them to win him an election remains to be seen.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Fri, 31 July 2015 20:11
    I dont think anyone has suggested straight talking automatically makes someone a good politician.
    Who is the straight talker with good politics? Surely you don't mean Farage as you can't possibly mean Corbyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Schumann wrote on Fri, 31 July 2015 20:14
    I dont think anyone has suggested straight talking automatically makes someone a good politician.
    Sadly, however, in an age when more people vote in the x factor than vote in an election. Some people do not look too deeply at the politics of a situation when it comes to putting an x on a ballot paper. Straight talking will be enough for some people.
    Good politics is clearly subjective. Just becasue you go for the individualist apporach, does not mean there are not people around that prefer his social inclusion approach.

Corbyn wants to nationalise the railways as the price to from one city to another costs a small mortgage. No wonder the young support him.

Corbyn wants to up the higher rate of tax so the wealthiest pay a bit more. No wonder that the kids are getting interested.

Corbyn dos'nt want want a foriegn policy which has resulted in the chaos that has afflicted the world since bush and Blair. The kids of all cultures in Britain say thank ****.

Corbyn wants to lower the rate of Vat. The youngsters seem to agree as they are hit the most as they have not yet gained the capital.

Corbyn may not win an election, but nethier will tory lite labour from Westminster.

Lets as a democracy at least have the debate

Corbyn disagrees with the poor and vulnerable paying the price for the bankers crash.

Lets have a debate.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Fri, 31 July 2015 20:20
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Schumann wrote on Fri, 31 July 2015 20:14
    Sadly, however, in an age when more people vote in the x factor than vote in an election. Some people do not look too deeply at the politics of a situation when it comes to putting an x on a ballot paper. Straight talking will be enough for some people.
    Combine straight talking and good politics and you have the dream ticket.
    its a cheap label offered by the left when those who don't consider their world view as being the be all and end all.

Feedback

lets have a debate, fine all for that. not sure why Corbyn thinks state capitalism is the answer to making the railways better. state capitalism tried and failed in the Eastern Bloc, perhaps he could be taken more seriously if he heeded the lessons of history. I can't believe anyone would be advocating the Stalinist form of collectivism which is what nationalisation is.

Feedback

it will be interesting to see if Corbyn is elected leader for no other reason than if he is not, it shows just how out of touch the union barons are with the rest of the labour movement

Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Fri, 31 July 2015 18:44
    Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN wrote on Fri, 31 July 2015 18:38
    And you have not demonstrated that trade unions do not want a fair deal and social justice. You have made reference to some experience you had 30/40 years ago. Trade unions are far more than the NEC and not all NEC members are the same. But if you want to judge a movement with millions of members by the actions of a handful of your mates 40 years ago, so be it.
    Mates? Parasites ripping off rank and file members-perhaps you mix with people like that.Might be your style not mine.