+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New Shirt

New Shirt

Roughly 46 years since my last one, I bought a new City shirt today. Partly because I think it looks great, partly because I wanted to do my small bit to reward the club for their common sense in returning us to blue.
    My gate is gate 3, so about as close to the shop as you can get, but it was already rammed, a long queue to pay, and when I got out, there was a massive queue just to get in.
    Plenty of blue shirts already on display inside the ground, should be even more against wolves

Re: New Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 wrote on Sat, 08 August 2015 16:01
    Roughly 46 years since my last one, I bought a new City shirt today. Partly because I think it looks great, partly because I wanted to do my small bit to reward the club for their common sense in returning us to blue.
    I might need to get one too, but it'll be first ever replica shirt and I'm finding it hard to justify showing my gut quite that clearly...

Do you get a discount if you're a season ticket holder?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Tone wrote on Sat, 08 August 2015 16:41
    Do you get a discount if you're a season ticket holder?
    yes 10%

People on here (and off here) harp on about the great businessman Tan is. The club shop had more people spending money today than they have over the last 2 and a half years. Perfect time to invest.

Yes I bought one too.

The only downside I heard from one of the girls working in the shop
    was that the largest size in blue is 2xl and if you want bigger than that you have
    to buy red or yellow.

Our City is blue but not for real porkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Sat, 08 August 2015 16:05
    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 wrote on Sat, 08 August 2015 16:01
    My gate is gate 3, so about as close to the shop as you can get, but it was already rammed, a long queue to pay, and when I got out, there was a massive queue just to get in.
    This was Tan's plan all along. He told me a few years ago about how he wanted to sell more blue shirts, but I wasn't allowed to say at the time how he was going to go about it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales wrote on Sat, 08 August 2015 22:53
    Yes I bought one too.
    anyone larger than a 2xl probably isnt going to live that long so hardly worth investing in them .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Sat, 08 August 2015 23:02
    Yes I bought one too.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales wrote on Sat, 08 August 2015 22:53
    The only downside I heard from one of the girls working in the shop

I like the shirt from a distance, like when I see the players on the pitch.
    But I don't like the black (or is it navy) stripey bits when I see it up close.
    And I've vowed to never buy anything with 'Malaysia' on it, or while Tan is in charge.

He must be kicking himself when he thinks of how bue shirts would have sold when we were in the Prem.

How much are these shirts..?

Quote Originally Posted by Under the Splott-light wrote on Sun, 09 August 2015 00:48
    How much are these shirts..?
    10% discount if you show your ST

As I'm 150 miles away from the ground and didn't want to queue yesterday I'm about to order one online. But the question is what size should I get? Usually I take a Large but at 6ft 1" and around 13 stone should I buy a Large or Extra Large as others on here have said the sizes are on the small side.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Side of the Severn wrote on Sun, 09 August 2015 12:34
    As I'm 150 miles away from the ground and didn't want to queue yesterday I'm about to order one online. But the question is what size should I get? Usually I take a Large but at 6ft 1" and around 13 stone should I buy a Large or Extra Large as others on here have said the sizes are on the small side.
    I would say at least a size bigger than you normally having seen a couple of people I know in them.