+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wharton makes his point.

Wharton makes his point.

Re: Wharton makes his point.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Tue, 18 August 2015 10:40
    Plenty of other good performances too, very encouraging even though Wednesday were poor. Difficult to say, I know, but following on from the debate on here last week about youngsters not being given a chance, how do you think that team would have fared against AFC Wimbledon?

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Tue, 18 August 2015 11:49
    http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Tue, 18 August 2015 10:40
    Interesting night. It's easy to say with hindsight but I thought the first half set up what happened in the second. As you say, it's tiring to keep chasing all the time and our patience and determination to keep passing and moving just wore them down even though there was no end product in the first half. It was relentless pressure by the hour mark, even we couldn't fail to score.
    Another thing I meant to mention was that I was impressed by the way Michael Johnson was quick to applaud City's players when they did something good.

Great insight once again ,thank you

Very brief highlights here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3E8ePqg6g

Better than nothing but it's a shame they couldn't have shown a bit more, the build-up to the goals in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Thu, 20 August 2015 19:50
    For anyone with a Player subscription there are 5 minutes of highlights and a post-match interview with Kevin Nicholson.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 wrote on Thu, 20 August 2015 22:31
    Quote Originally Posted by Loramski wrote on Thu, 20 August 2015 19:50
    Nicholson says that Wharton is coming back from an injury which explains why he hasn't started recently. It's going to be interesting to see which of the youngsters go out on loan in the next few weeks. As TOBW says, there are a fair few who look capable of playing at league level.