+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anchor Double Roman Roof Tiles

Anchor Double Roman Roof Tiles

Bit of a strange one but I have got a leak and need to replace some roof tiles, the make is Anchor, Double Roman but they do not make them anymore! Does anyone know where may have some of these in stock or any good reclamation yards? It would save me having to re tile the entire roof if I can find around 10! Cheers

Re: Anchor Double Roman Roof Tiles

Anchor were taken over by Forticrete. There are firms that make replicas of discontinued tiles, they have the moulds to do it. Might be worth getting in touch with a firm like Repco.

I think I got the one's you are on about from Ashpheltic on Tremorfa In Est.

Second hand mind as they realized that customers could not buy them new.

Soz in advance, but didn't look if you lived in the Capitial of WALES area.

The robbing barstewards charged more than for new one's mind.

The main picture is the type I bought:----
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=anchor+double+roman+roof+t iles&biw=1366&bih=624&tbm=isch&imgil=k-eVrI- fAZGJRM%253A%253BuBCDn-zzklVEKM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252 Fwww.matchatile.co.uk%25252Freclaimed-roof-tiles.html&so urce=iu&pf=m&fir=k-eVrI-fAZGJRM%253A%252CuBCDn-zzklV EKM%252C_&usg=__wwIoYAlDeotUqYHJKPPx8MRZpGg%3D&ved=0 CCwQyjdqFQoTCPWepPXJuccCFe0H2wodg_MEnw&ei=I8nWVbWBO-2P7A aD55P4CQ#imgrc=k-eVrI-fAZGJRM%3A&usg=__wwIoYAlDeotUqYHJK PPx8MRZpGg%3D

Quote Originally Posted by shaky wrote on Thu, 20 August 2015 22:26
    Bit of a strange one but I have got a leak and need to replace some roof tiles, the make is Anchor, Double Roman but they do not make them anymore! Does anyone know where may have some of these in stock or any good reclamation yards? It would save me having to re tile the entire roof if I can find around 10! Cheers
    Not Anchor but maybe the same style

Quote Originally Posted by Butterwick Blue wrote on Fri, 21 August 2015 08:43
    DON'T DO IT. LOOK FOR OLD ONES.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterwick Blue wrote on Fri, 21 August 2015 08:43
    The other thing to look out for is that newer tiles are manufactured in metric whereas the older one's are imperial. In my case I found the metric version to fit fine even though the old tiles were imperial.

What the Romans did for Britain.

Thanks for all the replies guys. Will have a look into the tremorfa place and see what they have got!

Quote Originally Posted by shaky wrote on Fri, 21 August 2015 14:16
    Thanks for all the replies guys. Will have a look into the tremorfa place and see what they have got!
    They will not sit over the main roof tiles.

Will take one down with me I think to see if they are the same!

Typical - none left in stock!

Quote Originally Posted by shaky wrote on Fri, 21 August 2015 15:30
    Typical - none left in stock!
    try the place on rover way

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson wrote on Thu, 20 August 2015 22:40
    Anchor were taken over by Forticrete. There are firms that make replicas of discontinued tiles, they have the moulds to do it. Might be worth getting in touch with a firm like Repco.
    http://www.cardiffroofingsupplies.co.uk/roofingsupplieswales .htm

Thanks again! Will give them both a bell in the morning!