+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First they came for the sick and the poor ...

First they came for the sick and the poor ...

Re: First they came for the sick and the poor ...

"Planned government spending cuts will see at least 22,000 police jobs being lost, leaving the public protected by the lowest numbers of officers since the 1970s, according to a private estimate circulating among police chiefs."

Feedback

Isn't crime down?

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Tue, 01 September 2015 09:37
    Isn't crime down?
    Yes, no bloody coppers available to pick up the phones!

Isn't crime down?
    Stats do not tell full picture.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Tue, 01 September 2015 13:03
    Isn't crime down?
    Not seen the figures but they do not paint full picture. Reports of crime can fall due to lack of confidence in the police doing anything, sometimes due to reduced number of coppers.
    of course they don't. is the converse true that when the incidents of reported crime rise actual crime remains the same and that it is the underlying confidence that something will be done by the police that encourages people to report crimes?

The stats in relation to crime are completely manipulated.

There was a home office circular pre election in 2014 which gave a number of outcomes in regards to crime detection.

Basically some ludicrous outcomes were reclassified as 'detected'
    and some manipulation to ensure more violent offences weren't classified i.e. robbery detected if a suspect charged, no robbery detected therefore changed to assault and theft.

There's about three coppers working in busy areas of Cardiff on a Saturday night.

The Guardian is right on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Irish wrote on Tue, 01 September 2015 20:27
    How do you know there are only 3 police in busy areas of Cardiff on a Saturday night. And what areas do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Gluey wrote on Tue, 01 September 2015 07:33
    And now they are coming for the coppers ..
    Nothing can go wrong there can it!

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues wrote on Tue, 01 September 2015 21:07
    There was a home office circular pre election in 2014 which gave a number of outcomes in regards to crime detection.
    Trust me

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Tue, 01 September 2015 13:22
    Isn't crime down?
    Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Tue, 01 September 2015 13:03
    Not seen the figures but they do not paint full picture. Reports of crime can fall due to lack of confidence in the police doing anything, sometimes due to reduced number of coppers.
    There was a recent report about one police force only sending scene of crime officers to burglaries in houses with even numbers.
    There certainly is the potential for that, yes.

I think a bit like football we should begin to move away from policing and introduce self stewarding.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by ragbone wrote on Wed, 02 September 2015 00:43
    I think a bit like football we should begin to move away from policing and introduce self stewarding.
    Isn't that what policing is?

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Wed, 02 September 2015 08:28
    In theory. I practice, as well as being used to deal with crimes police forces have been used to control and often oppress the people and political opposition that challenges the establishment.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Wed, 02 September 2015 09:00
    In theory. I practice, as well as being used to deal with crimes police forces have been used to control and often oppress the people and political opposition that challenges the establishment.
    in the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Wed, 02 September 2015 12:03
    Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Wed, 02 September 2015 09:00
    in the UK?
    Well yes! Of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Irish wrote on Tue, 01 September 2015 21:52
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues wrote on Tue, 01 September 2015 21:07
    Basically some ludicrous outcomes were reclassified as 'detected'
    So you don't know then!!

"There's about three coppers working in busy areas of Cardiff on a Saturday night"

Is there ?

There are quite a few more than that mate - Ive got a mate who is one of them. Next time I see him I'll ask.

There is a lack of violent crime in cardiff city centre due to people knowing they are and can be traced easily on cctv - not like the old days of massive scraps in Caroline Street.

Stats are no use - as stated.

You can only go your own experiences
    Have you been burgled in the last couple of years ?
    Been mugged or beaten up - anyone you know been murdered ?
    Has your car been nicked or damaged or tour house graffiti'd ?
    Been pick pocketed ?

If you havent had any of these - then I'm guessing you could say there you dont have a problem with crime where you live and work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote on Wed, 02 September 2015 18:42
    "There's about three coppers working in busy areas of Cardiff on a Saturday night"
    There are more cut backs to come, I'm not having a go at the lads and lasses in SWP as I know how stretched they are.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Wed, 02 September 2015 14:07
    in the UK?
    Well yes! Of course!
    Do you have examples?

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Wed, 02 September 2015 19:59
    Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Wed, 02 September 2015 14:07
    in the UK?
    Well yes! Of course!
    Do you have examples?
    Loads more

in the UK?
    Well yes! Of course!
    Do you have examples?
    Several good examples in this video Taking Liberties

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Wed, 02 September 2015 20:18
    in the UK?
    Well yes! Of course!
    Do you have examples?
    I don't have an hour and 40 minutes. Can you summarise?

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Wed, 02 September 2015 20:27
    Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Wed, 02 September 2015 20:18
    in the UK?
    Well yes! Of course!
    Do you have examples?
    as well as being used to deal with crimes police forces have been used to control and often oppress the people and political opposition that challenges the establishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Wed, 02 September 2015 20:27
    in the UK?
    Well yes! Of course!
    Do you have examples?
    Watch the first few minutes, you will get the picture