+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 2nd in the League

2nd in the League

Well done Mr Slade.

Feedback

Re: 2nd in the League

We have played 6 games. If we are still here after 10 or 12 then we have a chance.

Either way it's time for us all to get behind the manager. We crossed the line under malky playing some dour shite yet he was loved by the fanbase. Weird.

Fair play, second in the table, unbeaten in our last nine league games, only conceded once in our last three, and at times we are actually playing some decent stuff. It's a massive improvement on last season. Another big test on Tuesday though.

We're now up to 2 points per game which is auto promotion form. Just need to keep that average up for another 40 games. No pressure then

The better sides or at least those with expensive squads are rising toward the top now... Hull, Middlesbrough, QPR, Burnley - even Derby won today after an awful start.

Then there's us, Brighton, Reading and Brum. All unfancied at the start.

Out of the top sides we've only played QPR, who looked poor, I think we'll find out a lot more about our true potential to challenge in the next few weeks.

I was thinking myself that the situation we are in today is very much akin to that in our promotion year. Of course it's early days but we could be in with a chance but I wish slade would read what was happening on the pitch and act earlier.Yesterday it was obvious we lacked pace going forward and needed it to be injected. The taking off of jones was just what was needed because although no one doubts his ability in the box he has no pace. We were a completely different team in the later stages even Whitts came into the game. Big test on Tuesday but let's have faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Pug wrote on Sat, 12 September 2015 19:40
    Well done Mr Slade.
    lolz. Fraped mun.

Quote Originally Posted by pathay wrote on Sun, 13 September 2015 17:02
    I was thinking myself that the situation we are in today is very much akin to that in our promotion year. Of course it's early days but we could be in with a chance but I wish slade would read what was happening on the pitch and act earlier.Yesterday it was obvious we lacked pace going forward and needed it to be injected. The taking off of jones was just what was needed because although no one doubts his ability in the box he has no pace. We were a completely different team in the later stages even Whitts came into the game. Big test on Tuesday but let's have faith.
    I'm looking forward to Hull as I think this will be a really good test of where we are, but I don't think anyone's going to be looking forward to playing us at the moment.

Get rid of Morrison and we'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sun, 13 September 2015 07:23
    The better sides or at least those with expensive squads are rising toward the top now... Hull, Middlesbrough, QPR, Burnley - even Derby won today after an awful start.
    Probably quite soon......like Tuesday this week.