+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferguson - Cardiff job was "bound to be a nightmare".

Ferguson - Cardiff job was "bound to be a nightmare".

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ho w-former-manchester-united-fc-10105931?

Being fair to the City hierarchy, there was little evidence of the talent that his former manager believes Ole has shown at Cardiff, but it is revealing to see how Vincent Tan is viewed within the game and, whether this view is fair or not (I know what I think!), it's bound to have an impact on the quality of candidate willing to take on the managerial job here.

Re: Ferguson - Cardiff job was "bound to be a nightmare".

I think Fergie can get stuffed. VT may be an idiot but he's our idiot and he seems to be learning his lessons. OGS was complete and utter rubbish and we're still trying to recover from the mess he made.

Ole was a nice chap, but he was well backed by the board and took us hurtling backwards.
    I think he did gave an eye for a player, as some of his signings have gone on to do OK at other clubs mostly, but the most damning aspect of oles time here is I couldn't even begin to tell you what style of football he was trying to get us to play. Perhaps he had some grand plans, but they certainly weren't being implemented by the players.
    I'm not sure how you can blame that particular failing on Tan.

Wasn't it Dalman who persuaded Tan to take him on?

Dalman seems to be escaping the blame here.

I'm going to save TLG the hassle and just leave this here on his behalf:

Cat who got the cream

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Tue, 22 September 2015 11:23
    I think Fergie can get stuffed. VT may be an idiot but he's our idiotand he seems to be learning his lessons. OGS was complete and utter rubbish and we're still trying to recover from the mess he made.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa wrote on Tue, 22 September 2015 13:17
    I'm going to save TLG the hassle and just leave this here on his behalf:
    In the same way as the Pig that got the cream

Quote Originally Posted by Chairman_Meow wrote on Tue, 22 September 2015 13:50
    I think Fergie can get stuffed. VT may be an idiot but he's our idiotand he seems to be learning his lessons. OGS was complete and utter rubbish and we're still trying to recover from the mess he made.
    Nothing's going to change the past and both Tan and Slade seem to be doing the right things at present. We've never had brilliant managers or chairmen here and they're just the latest in a long line of less than perfect people.

I think Fergie can get stuffed. VT may be an idiot but he's our idiot and he seems to be learning his lessons. OGS was complete and utter rubbish and we're still trying to recover from the mess he made.
    In fact when he had the talented players at his disposal they flattered him.

Quote Originally Posted by saganspirit wrote on Tue, 22 September 2015 13:13
    I've said before that it doesn't matter whether Vincent Tan does actually interfere in selection or not, damage is being done because there is a perception out there that he does and so it seems very likely to me that people who would otherwise be interested in managing Cardiff are put off applying for the job when it becomes available.

Quote Originally Posted by ragbone wrote on Tue, 22 September 2015 14:37
    Well said ,Ferguson for all his success in my view left Utd in a right mess , he was okay when Utd was the only team anyone wanted to play for, as soon as the cash came in at Chelsea and Man City he was unable to monopolise the big names signings , then the demise, his ego lost him some great players such as Stam , Keene, Hughes who were never really replaced, nearly lost Rooney , and his management over Paul Pogba beggars belief, more ego .
    Stam and Keane, maybe. I don't think you can argue that Hughes was never replaced. Losing Rooney may not have been a bad thing, either.

A thought or two:
    Last season Slade was forever tinkering with the team selection. This season, we have a largely settled team. And results have been better.
    Evidence of less interference from above - or more input from his management team?

Quote Originally Posted by Coch wrote on Tue, 22 September 2015 14:48
    A thought or two:
    Good question - I've not got a clue what the answer to it is mind. However, from what I've been told by people I trust, I think it would be wrong to believe that Vincent Tan has just given Messrs Choo, Dalman and Slade a budget for this season and let them get on with it - he's still more "hands on" when it comes to finances than that.

I think Fergie can get stuffed. VT may be an idiot but he's our idiot and he seems to be learning his lessons.
    The ****ing state on this

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Tue, 22 September 2015 14:42
    As far as I'm concerned the point here is how Cardiff City under Vincent Tan is perceived by the football world, not who was to blame for the appointment of Ole - I think it's generally accepted that he was a Dalman appointment.
    Generally accepted by our fans but if you're talking about the perception of the football world - most would assume that he was a Tan appointment. This is the incorrect perception.

I hope Purple Haze has read this article.....

Didn't show any attacking flair that Ole promised and the defence was diabolical.

Nothing went right during his time here.

Banned

Before anyone says anything , I hate fergie and utd.

For a 'crap' owner, VT gave Ole an awful lot of financial help and support - most of which was wasted again which is no doubt one of the reasons why Vincent is more careful now with the money. As far as him putting off future 'quality' management candidates is concerned, I don't find that any big deal either. I'd rather a future manager came here with a mindset of embracing challenges rather than running away from them.

Old was only interested in giving jobs to his players at Mode, who were generally crap, and getting Norwegian ads put around the ground!

Ole was arguably worse than Alan Durban given he was the cream to Durbans evaporated milk.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Tue, 22 September 2015 17:04
    I hope Purple Haze has read this article.....
    Ah Dutch Skunk

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Tue, 22 September 2015 14:42
    As far as I'm concerned the point here is how Cardiff City under Vincent Tan is perceived by the football world, not who was to blame for the appointment of Ole - I think it's generally accepted that he was a Dalman appointment.
    Personally I don't care. I think the vast majority of managers are over-rated anyway and we're unlikely to ever attract a superstar. I also very much doubt that there many managers who would not come to a reasonable size football club no matter who the owner was.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Tue, 22 September 2015 19:34
    It's almost exactly a year ago now that we approached Dundee for permission to speak to Paul Hartley and it later emerged that he wasn't interested in coming here because he had doubts as to whether he would be free to pick the side he wanted.
    I'm not denying Vincent Tan has had an unfair press in some respects, with a few of the things the mainstream media said about him during our time in the Premier League bordering on racism. However, it also has to be said that you could base a text book on how not to succeed in the Premier League on our season at that level - the perception is out there that Vincent Tan exemplifies the worst type of modern football club owner and I think it's inevitable that this will have an effect on the quality of recruit we can attract at manager and, perhaps, player level.