+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ferguson - Cardiff job was "bound to be a nightmare".

Re: Ferguson - Cardiff job was "bound to be a nightmare".

Quote Originally Posted by Coch wrote on Tue, 22 September 2015 14:48
    A thought or two:
    Maybe Tan did interfere then, but it appears now that Slade is being allowed to do things his own way and Tan has 'learned his lesson'.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Maybe Tan did interfere then, but it appears now that Slade is being allowed to do things his own way and Tan has 'learned his lesson'.
    I think that's definitely been the case with Warnock.

I wonder how much Tan thought of us as a plaything but has realised he's best off keeping his nose out?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...otball-news/ho w-former-manchester-united-fc-10105931?

Being fair to the City hierarchy, there was little evidence of the talent that his former manager believes Ole has shown at Cardiff, but it is revealing to see how Vincent Tan is viewed within the game and, whether this view is fair or not (I know what I think!), it's bound to have an impact on the quality of candidate willing to take on the managerial job here.
    So, Vincent Tan has a reputation within the game for interfering in team affairs. The game's most successful manager with years of managerial experience, was concerned for an ex-player working under Tan, and offered advice on how to circumnavigate Tan's obvious interference.

Unfortunately for Tan, mud sticks in the game. If Cardiff were promoted, would Tan start taking on more of an interest, or has he finally learnt he knows did all about the game so should leave it to the qualified people he pays a fortune to?

Tan was a significant reason for the relegation from the PL. He's a significant reason for the drop in attendances. And he's a significant reason why the club will struggle to progress. He took the credit for promotion, he takes very little responsibility for the aftermath. He couldn't even reverse his rebrand without being pathetic "my mum told me to do it".

As for OGS, I thought he was a good appointment at the time, but he was clearly out of his depth. What's more, he was far too nice a person to succeed. I doubt he'd have fared much better at a more normal club.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think that's definitely been the case with Warnock.

I wonder how much Tan thought of us as a plaything but has realised he's best off keeping his nose out?
    If the club's profile was raised by a promotion, do you think Tan would appear at more games? And, if the club were struggling, do you think Tan would remain silent?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    So, Vincent Tan has a reputation within the game for interfering in team affairs. The game's most successful manager with years of managerial experience, was concerned for an ex-player working under Tan, and offered advice on how to circumnavigate Tan's obvious interference.

Unfortunately for Tan, mud sticks in the game. If Cardiff were promoted, would Tan start taking on more of an interest, or has he finally learnt he knows did all about the game so should leave it to the qualified people he pays a fortune to?

Tan was a significant reason for the relegation from the PL. He's a significant reason for the drop in attendances. And he's a significant reason why the club will struggle to progress. He took the credit for promotion, he takes very little responsibility for the aftermath. He couldn't even reverse his rebrand without being pathetic "my mum told me to do it".

As for OGS, I thought he was a good appointment at the time, but he was clearly out of his depth. What's more, he was far too nice a person to succeed. I doubt he'd have fared much better at a more normal club.

Fergie has to keep his profile up in case of any new book .

Perhaps if he had been allowed to come on as a second half substitute manager it may have worked ,

Most of his ex players have been a disaster with many other owners involved.

Tan is a fine loyal owner and still backs us to this day ,and
    If Warnock can work with him he must be fine .

Fergie, he simply wasnt up to a tough appointment in the second best league in the world , he's better off in the serene Scandinavia leagues.

Finally if Ole has anything about him where is he know in terms of managing in this country .

Ola, Ole

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Fergie has to keep his profile up in case of any new book .

Perhaps if he had been allowed to come on as a second half substitute manager it may have worked ,

Most of his ex players have been a disaster with many other owners involved.

Tan is a fine loyal owner and still backs us to this day ,and
    If Warnock can work with him he must be fine .

Fergie, he simply wasnt up to a tough appointment in the second best league in the world , he's better off in the serene Scandinavia leagues.

Finally if Ole has anything about him where is he know in terms of managing in this country .

Ola, Ole
    The thread is 3 years old

BIS I thinknyou need to seek out a good shrink and talk through your Tanny issues.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

and your point ?? are we saying one cannot contribute to a historic event ,there was folk on yer banging about Churchill and the evil British empire the other day ,some of us are not as as clever as others and it takes a time for a thought to form itself into words .

I know. It took ages to find it before I gave it a bump.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I know. It took ages to find it before I gave it a bump.
    And it's worth the effort I've enjoyed every minute.