+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: "Big" sides running scared of Wales?

"Big" sides running scared of Wales?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34449934

At least it looks like we could be playing Argentina in the New Year.

On a loosely related subject. around this time of year I always look forward to the televised Under 16 Victory Shield games where Wales compete against the other home nations. However, according to Wikipedia, it seems that England have withdrawn from the tournament for the "foreseeable future" and so I'd say that if some sort of tournament goes ahead between Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, it's very unlikely that Sky will bother showing it - I wonder if England's decision had anything to do with the "humiliating" defeat they suffered at our hands last year, are they also running scared ?

Re: "Big" sides running scared of Wales?

Warm up games can be as much to get the momentum going as to be challenged. We provide now glam but a real chance of beating them. We are not the ideal opponents. Team like Italy and England have the appeal to pull in better opponents.

We do need a good team to play against if we qualify. To show the lads just how much harder they would need to work in the finals

Any of Argentina, Colombia, Uruguay or Chile would do us nicely.

Netherlands' possibility of qualifying is now slim, so they could be another target again.

Spain, Germany, Italy and so on will probably want to play bigger teams than us so we will likely have games with Czech Rep, Croatia, Switzerland, Poland etc.

Watch out for teams in England's group after the draw who might want to warm up against an " English style team ".

I know we aren't , we're a better team.