+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Parking on A4119 at Miskin

Parking on A4119 at Miskin

THIS IS NOT A HOAX

Since April I have been in correspondence with South Wales Parking Group and RCT over the unlawful issue of Parking Tickets on the lay-byes on the duel carriageway between Castell Mynach and Miskin Interchange. My interest began when my grandson was booked there and having knowledge of the law I began to challenge the issue of tickets. My grandson paid his fine for fear of it being increased but I continued the challenge with the use of Internet, Freedom of Information Act and the Glamorgan Archives I got what I wanted and in September sent a strong email to SWPG setting out the law in relation to the area and attached supporting documents. Within a couple of hours I had a reply to say that the money was being returned to his bank.
    Job done you may think but no I continue my campaign to get every one of those 653 their money back. The L/A are now pissing me about with replies to my letters trying to get them to put their hands up admit a mistake and return others money are taking ages. So now I have to take them further and wish to connect with anybody who has received and paid their fine for this area. I am preparing a file of papers for the Ombudsman and possibly the Fraud Office. If you are or know anybody who has received a penalty ticket the location can you PM me urgently
    The Offence Code is 46 and refers to Stopping on a CLearway.
    There is over £22000 involved at this location alone but I suspect there are many other locations where the same is occurring. The information I require is not available under the Freedom of Information Act so this and facebook is the only way I can do this.

Re: Parking on A4119 at Miskin

Good on you.

If you were to write using paragraphs though, it would be easier to read.

Enjoying retirement?

Well done. For future reference it is a DUAL Carriageway and not a DUEL carriageway.

Good work and good luck Pathay.

I realise that LA's need to look to every possible revenue source these days, but clearly it should never be unlawful.
    And to pursue unlawful money gathering apparently in full knowledge is a disgrace.

I hope you raise some support from those already affected, and hopefully force the LA to review their swindling.

Try WOL

Quote Originally Posted by Observer wrote on Sat, 24 October 2015 12:14
    Try WOL
    Make sure to put the word rugby in the subject

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Side of the Severn wrote on Sat, 24 October 2015 11:41
    Well done. For future reference it is a DUAL Carriageway and not a DUEL carriageway.

I drove down the Bus Lane outside the Hilton, got fined, and won my appeal.
    If anyone gets caught there and wants to know how just let me know

People are only parking there to get lifts to work, and after a hard days work you get back to your car/van and see you've got a ticket. That would be great end to your day.

That's just the case. Government and Local Authorities give lip service to car sharing without providing facilities. Now in the case of the A4119 the have relied on a Clearway Order to impose these charges. However unlike the orders where yellow lines are placed on road which apply to the whole highway the Clearway Orders only covers the main carriageway and excludes lay-byes , cycle tracks , verges and any other ground not being part of the carriageway.
    The land on which vehicles have been parking is not part of the carriageway. The carriageway which the order applies is defined as the main running carriageway and applies to slip roads and accelerating and decelerating splays. It does not apply to footways, verges, carriageways and other highway areas. So there is a lot of money to to be reclaimed.

They should put pay and display machines there instead. More lucrative than sporadic fines!

Is Pathay still on this board? A friend has the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Side of the Severn View Post
    There was some fencing near the layby.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    There was some fencing near the layby.
    Someone I know calls them Jewish carriageways, gone on for ages, nobody wants to pull him up on it😂

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Someone I know calls them Jewish carriageways, gone on for ages, nobody wants to pull him up on it😂
    Oi! None of this anti semitic business on here please.
    😯

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Oi! None of this anti semitic business on here please.
    😯
    Sorry boss🤐

Look for Pontyclun hub on Facebook if you haven’t already. Loads of people will see it in there and plenty of em will share it for you n all.