+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: David Cameron refuses to answer Jeremy Corbyn's question about tax credit cuts six times

Re: David Cameron refuses to answer Jeremy Corbyn's question about tax credit cuts six times

International

Re: David Cameron refuses to answer Jeremy Corbyn's question about tax credit cuts six times

'Cansany of you brilliant people explain this to me/
    I am currently living in Azerbaijan but still pay UK tax (On a pension I am receiving.) I am now entitled to UK National pension but am unable to claim it.
    If I apply on-line it says as I do not have a UK postal address I cannot claim on-line.If I use a postal address of one of my family it is rejected because I am not on the electoral register.
    If I want tp apply on-line it says "You cannot apply on-line if you are outside the UK"
    But the postal service in this country is worthless. So I try to phone the number given by the UK Government for people outside the UK to get advice.
    I phone the number and a recorded message says this number does not accept incoming calls. Pleas phone number xxxxxxxxxx"
    When I phone this second number a recorded message says " This number is turned off"
    If I phone a Uk number they will not dela with me because I am not in the UK.
    I have paid all my stamps and now they are deliberately obstructing me from claiming what I am entitled to.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle wrote on Wed, 04 November 2015 16:39
    'Cansany of you brilliant people explain this to me/
    Sounds like you need to pop over here for a visit

Answer this one feedy, bearing in mind that you agree with tax credit cuts & think that they are necessary
    I had a client in this week who is going to be £43 per week worse off than he is now if the cuts come in as proposed.
    However if he packs in work & claims benefits he will be £20 per week better off than he is now (£63 per week better off than with the cuts) plus he will have less out goings as he will have no work travel expenses, plus he & his wife will qualify for free dental & optician work plus will not have to pay council tax.
    He will be about £6,000 pa better off.
    If he decides to stop working then he will cost the state (ergo the tax payer) many thousands of pounds more than he does now.
    I thought that these tax credit cuts were
    a. going to save the state money
    b. not affect people adversely
    c. make work pay

Feedback

Did I say I agree with tax credit cuts?

I got the distinct impression that you agreed with them as you reckon that they are necessary to allow the govt to "balance the books", wouldn"t make people worse off, & would "make work pay" etc etc ?
    Have I misunderstood & you don"t agree with them ?
    And how about actually answering my question ?

Quote Originally Posted by headlight wrote on Fri, 06 November 2015 20:49
    I got the distinct impression that you agreed with them as you reckon that they are necessary to allow the govt to "balance the books", wouldn"t make people worse off, & would "make work pay" etc etc ?

Who asked you croesy
    I am more than sure that feedy is capable of answering himself.

Quote Originally Posted by headlight wrote on Fri, 06 November 2015 20:57
    Who asked you croesy
    Elysium.

Feedback

Headlight

There are a couple of points to consider here so bear with me.

Firstly I don't disagree with the principle of tax credits I just think it's implementation is typical of the cackhanded way the state implements services. It would have been easier to implement via the tax code notice and would have been cheaper.

So I'm not against tax credits at all, I just think labour were a bit silly in the way they were paid - just tax the recipients less in the first place (or give them a tax rebate if they are low earners).

Do I think the government should balance the books? Yes of course I do.

Do I think the government should make the cuts they are making? No I don't, I don't think cuts of that magnitude are necessary. Some cuts are, and cuts to tax credits can be included in that, but not on the scale we are seeing.