+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our Gary scores to take Inter to the top...!

Our Gary scores to take Inter to the top...!

Re: Our Gary scores to take Inter to the top...!

When is he popping in to say farewell to the fans?

Feedback

Our gary?

I always knew he would come good, I said it at the time, give the buy a few years and he will be a success

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Mon, 02 November 2015 08:25
    Our gary?
    ... he couldn't get on that 'plane quick enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five wrote on Mon, 02 November 2015 10:05
    Our gary?
    Yeah, didn't you know - he was one of us.
    His bags were packed in November.

Quote Originally Posted by Loya Jirga wrote on Mon, 02 November 2015 12:37
    Our gary?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five wrote on Mon, 02 November 2015 10:05
    Yeah, didn't you know - he was one of us.
    ... he couldn't get on that 'plane quick enough!
    Did he take his toaster?

Perhaps the goals were on the touchline.

I still maintain, although I was blasted on here for it at the time, and probably will be again. Best player I've ever seen play for Cardiff.

Indeed. Gary Medel is the best player I have seen in a City shirt. Absolute class and some margin ahead of anyone else with Rambo obviously being a kid when he was here.

Not a single midfielder at this club be them at their peak or whatever, comes close to Medel.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Mon, 02 November 2015 19:11
    Indeed. Gary Medel is the best player I have seen in a City shirt. Absolute class and some margin ahead of anyone else with Rambo obviously being a kid when he was here.
    When interested Medel oozed class

Couldn't believe how many people thought he was a bad player. World Cup, Copa America and Serie A says different since this thread.

I read that old thread, hilarious.
    I get battered on here if I suggest Whittingham is past it yet if there was a poll, I'd guess most fans would vote to have Whittingham ahead of Medel even now. That's exceptionally clueless but does some up a lot on here.

Medel was an absolute gem and I was amazed to see him lining up for us against the likes of Chelski and Man City.

Gary Medel, the best we ever had.

Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by beef wrote on Mon, 02 November 2015 17:40
    I still maintain, although I was blasted on here for it at the time, and probably will be again. Best player I've ever seen play for Cardiff.
    Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by beef wrote on Mon, 02 November 2015 23:43
    Not a single midfielder at this club be them at their peak or whatever, comes close to Medel.
    After a few months, the manager who signed him had been sacked, the full size of the shambles of Cardiff City had become apparent and he had a World Cup in Brazil looming where his country was likely to be competitive. Who can blame him for not really giving a shit?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Tue, 03 November 2015 14:21
    Likewise you can't really blame people for not thinking he's that good if that was the attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Tue, 03 November 2015 14:48
    You may remember this too: http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.php?t=msg&goto=4236 535
    Couldn't believe how many people thought he was a bad player. World Cup, Copa America and Serie A says different since this thread.
    But in that thread there are comments that he can only make 5 yard passes, couldn't last more than an hour, etc. That's not questioning his attitude but his ability.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Tue, 03 November 2015 14:55
    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue wrote on Tue, 03 November 2015 14:48
    You may remember this too: http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.php?t=msg&goto=4236 535
    I think some reckon that a good defensive midfielder is Steven Gerrard, always trying to ping some ridiculous pass over 60 yards. Medel was brilliant at what he was asked to do for the start of his time here and that was to be disciplined, not racing around the pitch screaming for the ball.
    I think the other part of why people slated him was because he never appeared to live up to the reputation that he came with.