+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: World War III

World War III

Has it already started - or at least France bombing Syria; cut the red tape?

Re: World War III

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith wrote on Mon, 16 November 2015 00:48
    (I've not though about this by the way )

In before Feedback with the economic downturn rather than worldwide recession comment

Quote Originally Posted by Riled Taff wrote on Mon, 16 November 2015 01:17
    People get - excuse the pun - shot down for saying WW3 is imminent. The truth is it's been on the cards since September 11, 2001. I'm sure even more knowledgeable people could predate it but for me that was the beginning.
    Pakistan, Bangladesh, the Muslim population within India along with some from South East Asia would fight against India or may influence whether India would get involved.

It is alarming that we are discussing the possible destruction of civilisation.

Common sense and fear of consequence have been the reason why 'we' have previously stepped back from the brink.

Not so sure that is still the case.

We must all do what we can. Who knows what that is yet.

A united front to remove Isis is all that's needed, with the Russians coming on board after what happened recently I can't see to many issues. Assad will probably retain power fir now but the rest of Syria needs a large force to go in and stay there to restore order.

People get - excuse the pun - shot down for saying WW3 is imminent. The truth is it's been on the cards since September 11, 2001. I'm sure even more knowledgeable people could predate it but for me that was the beginning.
    As for the whole premise of your post re: WW3, I think the reality is that this will be a 'war' of intelligence services, targeted strikes and supporting neighbouring Middle East countries with hardware, training, intelligence etc.

Quote Originally Posted by alfie sherwood wrote on Mon, 16 November 2015 07:17
    People talk about history repeating itself and learning from it, I don't quite go in for that but there are certainly trends. I don't believe in a god but there is certainly a higher force which follows a pattern and we have one here.
    Strange how Bush didn't send the F15's to Riyadh

This'll cheer you up Zenith : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3253789/Isis-plannin g-nuclear-holocaust-wipe-hundreds-millions-face-earth-claims -reporter-embedded-extremists.html

Events escalated pretty quickly between Friday and Sunday, with a vigorous new bombing campaign and talk of Article 5 coming before any proper investigation was undertaken. France had already made the prior decision to send their aircraft carrier out there and the US had announced special forces on the ground, so they seem to be following some existing plan. Will Russia come on board? I suppose it has a lot to do with Iran and China and the decision will come down to geopolitics, i.e. the supply of oil and trading in petrodollars, control of central banks etc. As previously mentioned it is also a Sunni v Shia ideological battle, plus other countries such as Israel and Turkey have their own agendas. The current thrust I believe is that we will try to sell to Russia the idea of the common enemy, that IS were responsible for both bringing down the Russian jet and the attack on Paris.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. wrote on Mon, 16 November 2015 06:57
    It is alarming that we are discussing the possible destruction of civilisation.
    http:// www.breitbart.com/london/2015/11/14/exclusive-as-paris-burne d-uk-islamists-told-muslims-to-struggle-for-islamic-state-in -unprecedented-islamic-show-of-force/

I would suggest " jaw jaw not war war " but I think it will
    be impossible to open any sort of dialogue with ISIS / ISIL.

Sadly sometimes the only thing you can do with a rabid dog is shoot it.

Your point about India is interesting. I'm currently in India, working for a Japanese company & had I not look on UK websites, I would have know nothing about Paris.

99.99% of Indian's will not have a clue or worry about what's happened.

In the same way, I suspect the disastrous flooding in India is not being reported in the UK. The death toll will be about the same!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales wrote on Mon, 16 November 2015 10:25
    Without this help they would not be able to bring down commercial aircraft or attack major western cities, threatening world peace in the process.

It would be if it was a state carry out these atrocities, but its not its some barbaric group of weirdos that hates the world, not a specific country.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon wrote on Mon, 16 November 2015 10:45
    It would be if it was a state carry out these atrocities, but its not its some barbaric group of weirdos that hates the world, not a specific country.
    We know that, but who is sponsoring them and hence responsible for their actions?

Did you not know that the people who sponsor them are everywhere ?

But mainly Saudi Arabia, Yemen and Qatar http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-29004253

You may also want to see this :-

Ironically in Bedford at 7pm on Friday - 2 hours before the Paris attack there was an event called "Quiz a Muslim" organised by Dilly Hussain - with a panel of high profile leaders in the Islamic community (all male) talking to a segragated audience - the message was how they should "struggle" for an "Islamic State."

"When former Guantanamo Bay detainee Moazzam Begg condemned ISIS because they are "killing Muslims", a total of five people in the room of 200 could be heard clapping. When he said David Cameron was an "extremist", almost the entire room applauded for a sustained period."

Read the article (it has been reported in other news channels)

http:// www.breitbart.com/london/2015/11/14/exclusive-as-paris-burne d-uk-islamists-told-muslims-to-struggle-for-islamic-state-in -unprecedented-islamic-show-of-force/

Quote Originally Posted by Observer wrote on Mon, 16 November 2015 10:50
    We know that, but who is sponsoring them and hence responsible for their actions?
    However I've read articles showing that ISIS through various criminal activities is actually self financing.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales wrote on Mon, 16 November 2015 10:25
    I fear this rabid dog is the birth of more and more rabid dog's we are yet to ever get rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by Observer wrote on Mon, 16 November 2015 10:50
    They'll be into banking next

They just got the one remaining terrorist from Friday - gave himself up.

It's also just emerged that there some kids in wheelchairs at the concert - they were executed as well.

Radio5 also reporting that there is an ongoing gun fight in the jihad area of Brussels - why didnt they all this before ?

Quote Originally Posted by purple haze2 wrote on Mon, 16 November 2015 02:22
    People talk about history repeating itself and learning from it, I don't quite go in for that but there are certainly trends. I don't believe in a god but there is certainly a higher force which follows a pattern and we have one here.
    I would like to think that China would not want to get involved.In recent years they have turned their fortunes around and are becoming more westernised.Most of their trading partners are in the west and i dont see them turning their back on that.If anything they will keep their heads down and keep out of it. North Korea will have no interest either unless they fear ISIL will eye up their borders.The truth is if all the major powers stick together there will only be one winner.The sad part is a lot of good people could die in defeating these nutters.

Things seem calm for the moment

Cameron and Putin speak

Corbyn opinion

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy wrote on Mon, 16 November 2015 12:09
    Quote Originally Posted by purple haze2 wrote on Mon, 16 November 2015 02:22
    WW1 REALLY kicked off with the Battle of the Marne and WW2 REALLY kicked off after the occupation of France.
    Aside from Tibet, and to some extent South Korea, China and North Korea tend to keep their oppression within their own borders, so don't have much to fear from ISIS.