Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues wrote on Sat, 21 November 2015 15:11
My view and experience of these ideological types albeit right or left they don't have normal values and life's as the ordinary person on the street, and there beliefs have no consequence to them .
Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa wrote on Sat, 21 November 2015 14:54
Define the 'ordinary person on the street'.
Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues wrote on Sat, 21 November 2015 14:50
I regularly meet people who share the values of 'idological people' - both left and right.
Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa wrote on Sat, 21 November 2015 14:10
The general public in the UK in the main sit in a liberally centered world , and prefer not to court extreme view left or right , yes they have moans an groans and digs ,and some read the Daily Mail or Sun , however In my experience they don't become indoctrinated in left or right views , they just strive for a nice gently comfortable non topical ideological world, watching television , going down the pub , listening to some music and enjoying family life .
Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues wrote on Sat, 21 November 2015 14:07
I suppose you would also have to define extreme. I would argue Corbyn is moderately left wing, it is simply a case that he looks extreme to some becsuse it is so long since we had anyone express left wing views in the mainstream.
Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa wrote on Fri, 20 November 2015 09:56
Quite.
Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Fri, 20 November 2015 07:01
People are just buying into the media rhetoric.
Quote Originally Posted by ragbone wrote on Fri, 20 November 2015 00:50
Ah,the nasty old media again.
Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Thu, 19 November 2015 23:34
Yes they do print some rubbish, but to be frank I think Corbyn is making quite a good job of damaging his own cause without their help.
Quote Originally Posted by ragbone wrote on Thu, 19 November 2015 23:21
Archie may consider Corbyn to be moderately left wing (hmmm) but even if we accept this he seems to be surrounding himself with people who are not moderate.
I asked for your reasoning behind the choices. You havent provided any.