+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big decision on airstrikes this week - tweet/email your views to your local MP

Re: Big decision on airstrikes this week - tweet/email your views to your local MP

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Mon, 30 November 2015 09:30
    I also don't advocate negotiating with IS either!! they've got to be wiped out. But political negotiations and settlements in Iraq and Syria will have to happen at some point in the future obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by alfie sherwood wrote on Mon, 30 November 2015 07:38
    You really think they want to sit down and negotiate with the West ?? ? or anyone for that matter ? ? ?
    Cameron's 'gesture politics' will be a disastrous move. Genuinely surprised that anybody with even the tiniest bit of sense can't see this tbh.

Re: Big decision on airstrikes this week - tweet/email your views to your local MP

Just e mailed Wayne David to tell him he has lost my vote. TUSC again then.

International

Quote Originally Posted by alfie sherwood wrote on Tue, 01 December 2015 12:53
    I also don't advocate negotiating with IS either!! they've got to be wiped out. But political negotiations and settlements in Iraq and Syria will have to happen at some point in the future obviously.
    You really think they want to sit down and negotiate with the West ?? ? or anyone for that matter ? ? ?
    Not sure what has happened to this thread?? But, no, absolutely not. Zero point in having any dialogue whatsoever with an apocalyptic death cult!! They and their barbaric ideology much be destroyed.
    I don't really care but at least have the decency to say what you really mean. Eh????

Banned

The rancid left

Quote Originally Posted by goslow wrote on Wed, 02 December 2015 17:45
    The rancid left
    Do you like pork?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle wrote on Wed, 02 December 2015 17:41
    Quote Originally Posted by alfie sherwood wrote on Tue, 01 December 2015 12:53
    Not sure what has happened to this thread?? But, no, absolutely not. Zero point in having any dialogue whatsoever with an apocalyptic death cult!! They and their barbaric ideology much be destroyed.
    Where we differ is I believe that British bombs are definitely not the right solution (or any part of any solution), in fact they are the last thing such a complex problem needs.
    Of course, because it's not at all like it wasn't stark bleeding obvious..

I wrote to my MP to suggest that if any bombing has to be done then they should concentrate first on the oil fields which provide the main source of income for IS. In that way hopefully no harm would come to the civilian population. And look what happened...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34992032

am I being a bit naive here or would it be easier to find out who the main man is and take him out of the equation. The rest of the organisation will then begin to crumble?

Quote Originally Posted by Spearsy wrote on Thu, 03 December 2015 10:30
    am I being a bit naive here or would it be easier to find out who the main man is and take him out of the equation. The rest of the organisation will then begin to crumble?
    You would like to think so but this is not a "normal" organisation. There are probably many fanatical second-in-commands who could take over.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue wrote on Thu, 03 December 2015 10:36
    Quote Originally Posted by Spearsy wrote on Thu, 03 December 2015 10:30
    You would like to think so but this is not a "normal" organisation. There are probably many fanatical second-in-commands who could take over.
    If that was to happen, Repeat the process?