+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sky TV

Sky TV

Any tips on how to get reduce my Sky TV bill. It's currently the best part of £90 a month which is just rediculous.

They've offered to lower it to £65 if I sign up for 10 months.

I remember a thread that dealt with this some time ago but can't find it

Re: Sky TV

Cancel. It'll be reduced to £0.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Roger Gibbins wrote on Tue, 01 December 2015 11:30
    Any tips on how to get reduce my Sky TV bill. It's currently the best part of £90 a month which is just rediculous.
    you answered yourself

I rang them several weeks ago and put the ball in their court. I have the full package, fibre broadband and my landline through them and the monthly bill was starting to get a bit silly, so I asked them what channels/services I could drop to bring my bill down to more (relatively) sensible levels. They ended up dropping my bill with no loss to service or channels

Cancel it and wait a few weeks, just before your cut off date they will offer you 50 % off for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex DeLarge wrote on Tue, 01 December 2015 11:31
    Cancel. It'll be reduced to £0.
    LOL

£65 is what I pay on Virgin, all TV channels, sky sports (not got movies), extra box, free calls, 200mb internet. Depending what you have £65 isnt too bad an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by gandalf1927 wrote on Tue, 01 December 2015 13:10
    Cancel it and wait a few weeks, just before your cut off date they will offer you 50 % off for a year.
    The offers are there but you just have to play the game. give 30 days notice and they will call you before the notice is up.

I pay £80!a month for all channels, apart from movies, phone and broadband, which is free. It's way too much, so am thinking of just having the basic channels on Sky and getting Amazon Prime. That's only about £80 a year and you get quite a lot from that. Or I might get one of those boxes, where you can watch every single channel for free, think it's called an f5 box, which again costs about £80 I believe? My contract with Sky runs out next month, can't wait to cancel, as their prices are becoming way too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Roger Gibbins wrote on Tue, 01 December 2015 11:30
    OPenbox every channel free,you need a satellite dish and internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig wrote on Tue, 01 December 2015 14:54
    I pay £80!a month for all channels, apart from movies, phone and broadband, which is free. It's way too much, so am thinking of just having the basic channels on Sky and getting Amazon Prime. That's only about £80 a year and you get quite a lot from that. Or I might get one of those boxes, where you can watch every single channel for free, think it's called an f5 box, which again costs about £80 I believe? My contract with Sky runs out next month, can't wait to cancel, as their prices are becoming way too high.
    "Prime Video is only available to customers located in the United States and U.S. territories."

Weirdly I've just found another page on Amazon that says this:

Also make sure you're accessing Prime Video from an eligible location. Due to licensing agreements, Prime Video is only available to customers located in the United Kingdom.

It's confusing as fook. It won't let me play a video on my PC but I've just played one on my android pad?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Tue, 01 December 2015 15:54

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby_The_Bhoy -Slade Out wrote on Tue, 01 December 2015 16:10
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Tue, 01 December 2015 15:54
    Also make sure you're accessing Prime Video from an eligible location. Due to licensing agreements, Prime Video is only available to customers located in the United Kingdom.
    This is true.

How does one acquire said Openbox?

I've got it working on the pad and on the PC now, I think I was on amazon.com rather than .co.uk and it was a problem apparently.

I'm giving the 30 day free trial a blast to see what range of tv and movies they've got but it's a shame you can't pay monthly like netflix, at the end of 30 days I have to stump up £79 to continue which is a bit steep.

Also not as good as netflix is the amount of devices you can to access it:

You can stream up to two titles at the same time using the same Amazon.co.uk account. You can stream the same title to no more than one device at a time.

But I get free one day delivery on stuff I order from amazon so that's nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Tue, 01 December 2015 16:16
    I've got it working on the pad and on the PC now, I think I was on amazon.com rather than .co.uk and it was a problem apparently.

And you can't get Amazon Prime Instant Video on Tivo I just discovered. That's a shame, my missus uses the Netflix app on the Tivo box and says it's good.

You have a PM

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Tue, 01 December 2015 16:16
    i cancelled before the 30 days were up. we have netflix and use that far more.

then in a few days phone up as a new customer, then you will get a good deal

Quote Originally Posted by gagsy_mc wrote on Tue, 01 December 2015 14:51
    This is the best thing to do, Just been offered multiroom, broadband, All channels apart from Movies for £51.40 for 10 months.
    I was offered and accepted that deal, only to find I had no HD channels and quite a number of other channels had disappeared including Sky Sports News and F1. Kicked up a fuss and they were all reinstated for about another £9 but I'm still saving over £20pm from my previous deal, so I'm well happy for another 12 months at least, then I'll start all over again.

I'd suggest the best way is to cancel everything first. Get a deal on the fibre broadband (I've got free line rental, so full package is £20). Once you have cancelled you can decide how much you miss it and how much it's actually worth to you. I have a fire TV box running kodi and realised after cancelling that I didn't miss it at all and haven't had it for 18 months now.

Banned

You can change your membership to just the prime tv package for £5.99 pm

Quote Originally Posted by goslow wrote on Tue, 01 December 2015 20:53
    I'm giving the 30 day free trial a blast to see what range of tv and movies they've got but it's a shame you can't pay monthly like netflix, at the end of 30 days I have to stump up £79 to continue which is a bit steep.
    Holy crap, you're right, I just did it, no hassle whatsoever. Nice one