+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Amazon Video

Amazon Video

Following on from the Netflix thread, anyone got any recommendations for Amazon Video?

Started watching The Man In The High Castle yesterday and it's not bad.

Interesting concept and they've spent a few quid on it by the looks of the sets.

In it, the Nazi's and the Japs won WW2 and took over the US and divided it in half between them. The year is some point in the 60's and the story follows some members of the resistance and some high ranking officials of the Japanese and Nazi military.

It has some annoying and cliche parts but overall is good stuff. Executive produced by Ridley Scott and based on the book by Phillip K Knob.

Also has the best opening title sequence since Game of Thrones:

https://youtu.be/0Ug4mVobL4s?t=22s

Re: Amazon Video

Mr Robot - but I think you've seen that.
    &
    Bosch.

Seen them - don't tend to use it as much as Netflix.

You're not really selling it to me there.

Perhaps there were some tits on show?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex DeLarge wrote on Wed, 02 December 2015 15:23
    Mr Robot - but I think you've seen that.
    Bosch looks good though, but only because I like the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue wrote on Wed, 02 December 2015 15:25
    You're not really selling it to me there.
    No jugulars so far. Some gruesome moments, the writing isn't perfect but does have its moments.

Banned

Vikings and black sails,first is the tale ragnar lothbrok the second is the prequel to treasure island.

Quote Originally Posted by goslow wrote on Wed, 02 December 2015 16:18
    Vikings and black sails,first is the tale ragnar lothbrok the second is the prequel to treasure island.
    Vikings i enjoyed, black sails was ok

Just finished The Man in the High Castle. It was enjoyable, a real slow burner with good story. They took the time to develop the characters but ultimately it was a lot like Mr Robot, all building to a big ending then kind of fell a little flat.I haven't read TMITHC book, so don't know how much it follows the same arc. About to start Blindspot. looking fwd to it

I opened this thread expecting to see an amazing video.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh wrote on Wed, 02 December 2015 21:04
    I opened this thread expecting to see an amazing video.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Wed, 02 December 2015 15:18
    Following on from the Netflix thread, anyone got any recommendations for Amazon Video?
    One of my favourite books. I hear they've sanitised it a bit for the screen but I really want to see it. Was considering signing up for a while just to watch it (and Transparent, which is meant to be great on there).

Quote Originally Posted by Spoilt Victorian Child wrote on Thu, 03 December 2015 09:42
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Wed, 02 December 2015 15:18
    Started watching The Man In The High Castle yesterday and it's not bad.
    On another note, anyone had to endure the outrageous hassle of having to install Amazon Video on an Android device?

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Thu, 03 December 2015 09:53
    On another note, anyone had to endure the outrageous hassle of having to install Amazon Video on an Android device?
    It's not that difficult myn, you just need to install the amazon app store...