+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hoverboads

Hoverboads

A very cool gadget that I have been looking at. Unfortunately they are not very safe being built cheaply in China, some 15,000 have been seized by customs recently.

If you are getting one, dont leave it unattended. Could be a rather expensive £200+ fire starter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34975178

Re: Hoverboads

I suspect i have had a few seized, they have been too long in transit

luck of the draw though

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Thu, 03 December 2015 11:06
    I would check them over before using/selling as you dont want to be responsible for someones house burning down. If you have the clover shaped plug mentioned in the article I would bin it and source a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon wrote on Thu, 03 December 2015 11:12
    luck of the draw though
    I suspect its the charger putting too much charge in or not cutting out when the battery is full ( they normally drop down to a trickle charge )

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Thu, 03 December 2015 11:20
    luck of the draw though
    I assume you will get a letter at some point, I had one when I tried sending my mate in Nz some cider, which apparently is not allowed, the letter confirmed it has been suitably disposed of .
    I've must be lucky never had anything seized coming in. But I do tend to avoid most Chinese electronics, unless they are USB powered.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon wrote on Thu, 03 December 2015 11:23
    Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Thu, 03 December 2015 11:20
    luck of the draw though
    I assume you will get a letter at some point, I had one when I tried sending my mate in Nz some cider, which apparently is not allowed, the letter confirmed it has been suitably disposed of .
    I am glad I never got any was seriously considering it. Talking to some people that have 30 that they dont want to sell now until they get new plugs and check them over.
    I always have stuff coming in though, its a bit of a hobby for me " wheeling and dealing " LOL