+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opportunity knocks for Slade's entertainers.

Re: Opportunity knocks for Slade's entertainers.

There are many facets to a football manager's job and, at our level, we are always likely to have bosses who aren't great at some of them - if we ever had one who was good at the lot of them, he would soon be on his way to a higher profile club.

To me, Russell Slade is like most City managers, he has his good points and he has his bad ones - his attitude towards youth development being one of them.

It's all very well talking about recruiting procedures being improved, but if they come in at a club that has gained a reputation for not producing first team footballers from their Academy, their chances of convincing a better quality of player to sign for them have to be effected. i accept it's a bit of a chicken and egg situation, but things like the picking of Danny Gabbidon (who'd already had a trial with another club because he wasn't going to be given another contract here) as a substitute for the first team in front of someone like Tom James or Curtis Watkins at the back end of last season sent out totally the wrong type of signal.

i wasn't at saturdays game myself, it probably was Bowens boy, i'm pretty sure he plays for the under 15s, I have watched a lot of games for this age group over the last few years and Scott Youngs son has always impressed me as has Jarrad Welsh and Ibby.
    Unfortunatly the most promising welsh player i have seen at this level was playing for Bristol City, apparrently not wanted by cardiff city.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Foxton wrote on Sun, 06 December 2015 08:58
    Great write up again Paul,and thanks for the academy reports as well.You seem to br the only source of information on the younger players,and that includes the club itself!
    What about Loramski ?