+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Blues Are Back In Town hits top 40 of Amazon Kindle Football Books

Blues Are Back In Town hits top 40 of Amazon Kindle Football Books

Thanks to anyone who has bought the book so far, or if you haven't maybe you'll be, ahem, lucky enough to receive one for Christmas.

Kindle version is out now, currently riding high in the kindle football books list.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Blues-Are-Back-Town/dp/191040982 0

First Team

Re: Blues Are Back In Town hits top 40 of Amazon Kindle Football Books

Funnily enough bought it on my kindle last week.
    A decent read and certainly brought back some memories although not particularly good ones due to the period covered.
    Would certainly recommend though.
    Mostly mentions the other message board though!

Cheers for picking it up mate, and I agree, is a shame to have been the documentor of not the greatest period in our club's history. Bit like the guy who did an entire Stone Roses book not about the band, but about the whole period that they were split up! Hope there are some good memories as well though. As for mainly mentioning the other board, yes, that is true. I always used to enjoy this board but I find it gets very complicated and often the discussion is non-football related. Funny, but can get too much!

First Team

I know what you mean about CCMB going off kilter although I am as guilty as many.
    Your story about the City shirt at the Newport concert brought a smile as I have heard several versions so good to hear the definitive tale.
    Time for a follow up?

The only follow up story would be for the guy who now has the shirt to bring it out for all to see. I have no real interest in getting it back because I never expected to. I know the Echo would run a story on it. Tony Rivers has an interest in it. I always thought it would look good in his pub. He no longer runs it, but he does have a shop now where it would also look good. I have got the guy who has the shirt's email address, and did contact him, but after a couple of emails, he went silent. It's possible the shirt was lost in a house move, which would be a shame.

Banned

Purchased yesterday and just finished reading it. My missus won't be happy to come home from work and I'm on the sofa in my jurassic world pyjamas having done no chores all day.
    It was a good read that nick.

However, had I purchased an away ticket with my son and some guy asked me outside the club shop for a lift to the game, I probably would have said fack off.

Quote Originally Posted by nugent (non man utd fan) wrote on Tue, 29 December 2015 14:36
    Purchased yesterday and just finished reading it. My missus won't be happy to come home from work and I'm on the sofa in my jurassic world pyjamas having done no chores all day.
    Nick,I have the book on kindle and really enjoyed it

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Foxton wrote on Tue, 29 December 2015 22:32
    Quote Originally Posted by nugent (non man utd fan) wrote on Tue, 29 December 2015 14:36
    It was a good read that nick.