+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Three Championship clubs told they have a transfer embargo next month...........

Three Championship clubs told they have a transfer embargo next month...........

for breaching FFP rules. No surprise really that Bolton and Forest are two of them, but I wouldn't have expected Fulham to be the other.

Re: Three Championship clubs told they have a transfer embargo next month...........

Fulham would be on the same parachute payments as us.
    I think this shows that the work Slade and Choo did to cut the wage bill was a good job.

And we are still above Fulham now

Re: Three Championship clubs told they have a transfer embargo next month...........

Interesting.
    Tan in!

It sounds as if there may be other clubs in breach of FFP that could also receive sanctions:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/24/fulham-notti ngham-forest-bolton-football-league?

"The Football League is currently in discussions with a number of other clubs over their FFP submissions and will confirm any further FFP embargoes, if any, in due course."

I wonder how far we are off this with crowds of 12k which in certain weren't budgeted for

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman wrote on Thu, 24 December 2015 12:43
    I wonder how far we are off this with crowds of 12k which in certain weren't budgeted for
    Merry Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT wrote on Thu, 24 December 2015 12:48
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,' s wouldn't go amiss here, to try and translate what you are trying to say.
    Wonder if this scuppers tans plan to try and punish us at all?

Turns out not very far!

It's another argument but with the money made from TV, especially in the top flight it's a disgrace the amount they charge fans when in effect revenue raised from tickets is a drop in the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger wrote on Fri, 15 January 2016 17:12
    The way we and many other clubs are run I don't think the crowds would make much difference.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Thu, 24 December 2015 11:15

Quote Originally Posted by Pug wrote on Fri, 15 January 2016 17:44
    I think this shows that the work Slade and Choo did to cut the wage bill was a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith wrote on Fri, 15 January 2016 17:47
    Quote Originally Posted by Pug wrote on Fri, 15 January 2016 17:44
    And we are still above Fulham now
    Excellent Lawnmower

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Thu, 24 December 2015 10:22
    for breaching FFP rules. No surprise really that Bolton and Forest are two of them, but I wouldn't have expected Fulham to be the other.
    Oh, Bob