+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Not Playing For The Manager ?

Not Playing For The Manager ?

Doesn't that call into question the integrity of the whole sporting ethos ?

How many points have Chelsea "gifted" the opposition this season

Re: Not Playing For The Manager ?

Thought you were talking about city for a moment!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortgage Man wrote on Mon, 28 December 2015 08:42
    I was surprised at the lack of harmony in the Stoke team v Man U. Players visibly complaining at each other - but the team put in a shift and got a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops wrote on Mon, 28 December 2015 10:40
    ....as does every reason for players not giving 100%, especially when you factor in their lives outside football. It's surely impossible for footballers to turn it on for 38/46 games a season
    If a brain surgeon did his best for 38 operations and couldn't be arsed for the other 8, I think questions would be asked

Bump.

Maybe a bit more relevant than my tongue in cheek comment!

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 wrote on Mon, 28 December 2015 16:25
    ....as does every reason for players not giving 100%, especially when you factor in their lives outside football. It's surely impossible for footballers to turn it on for 38/46 games a season
    I was surprised at the lack of harmony in the Stoke team v Man U. Players visibly complaining at each other - but the team put in a shift and got a result.
    The sooner some people realise that lives are at stake on the football field the better imo

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa wrote on Tue, 29 December 2015 23:07
    If a brain surgeon did his best for 38 operations and couldn't be arsed for the other 8, I think questions would be asked

My point being that we are surely entitled to expect players who earn more in a month than most of us do in a year to put a shift in every time they step onto the pitch? If we can expect some professions to never have a bad day at the office, why do those expectations not apply to footballers?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 wrote on Wed, 30 December 2015 04:58
    ^^^^^^^
    If they try fair enough we all have off days.Problem is some earn so much they get above themselves and need to take a reality check.Most of them have no connection with the locality of the club so if things go wrong they just move on.They are only here for the money not like us we are from the area and think more of it than a bunch of players passing through for a few seasons.