+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Malky & Vinny

Malky & Vinny

Who would have predicted their self-inflicted demise back in 2011?

On paper it was a dream-team. An in-demand up and coming young manager, and an enthusiastic billionaire. What more could we wish for?

There was talk of us being able to keep hold of Malky if a Top 4 team came in for him, and Vinny was clearly getting the football bug.

What could possibly go wrong? Well Vinny's weird moment of enlightenment for a start, imagining that is was suddenly a good idea to play in red. And then there was Malky's strange sense of humour, thinking it was funny to call everybody a chinky.

It just over two years, both men had lost their legendary status, and it sent the club into a tailspin.

It's a funny old game ...

Re: Malky & Vinny

For me this is the best post of the year.

Malky could make a come back.

All Vinny can hope for is guidance from his dear mum. Who we all love!

Quote Originally Posted by Observer wrote on Mon, 28 December 2015 19:04
    The text issues would never have become public I'm sure, Meantime, for all the talk about of forensic accountants and wrongdoing, nothing has ever been proved as Tan promised it would.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelBlues wrote on Mon, 28 December 2015 20:08
    On paper it was a dream-team. An in-demand up and coming young manager, and an enthusiastic billionaire. What more could we wish for?
    i just wish it was legal reasons that kept us conceeding at the end of every Fecking game we play.

We all know how it played out, but who would have predicted in 2011 the madness that would follow? At that time we were in an enviable position, even though unbeknown to us we were just a few months away from what turned out to be an implosion on all fronts.

When you look back it's absolute bonkers what happened.

If we could only start playing something that resembles a decent style of football (which I accept will not happen under the current team management) then the future doesn't look so bad.

Anti-football? Granted, Malky was about defence, discipline and organization and OK, we didn't exactly set the Premier League alight with our attacking flair but it wasn't that bad.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue wrote on Tue, 29 December 2015 13:18
    Anti-football? Granted, Malky was about defence, discipline and organization and OK, we didn't exactly set the Premier League alight with our attacking flair but it wasn't that bad.
    We won that league in a good fashion, won 10 home games on the spin, top of the league since late November. I remember us beating Blackburn 4-1 away on a Friday night thinking that we are definitely going up then.

VinT - thought he was Cardiff answer to the Glaziers
    And Malky thought he was Sir Alex II

Whereas in reality - Malky / Moody signings were bizarre, signing on fees, agents fees, offshore agents fees (allegedly) and a whole host of other allegations. Not to mention the banter in those texts.

Tan thought he knew football as he had studied it for 3 weeks - dear lord.

If they had in fact worked together and been straight up with each other - none of this may have happened. But seeing as it did happen - it may have been a lesson to other clubs - look at Leicester, Palacace , Watford - all done it the right way.

At least now with Slade in charge - we have a very experienced manager - who by his own definition does the same thing week in week out and wonders why he gets the same (boring) result.

Slade to Luton - odds shortening now - come on Rus - make it happen

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote on Tue, 29 December 2015 14:51
    ... But seeing as it did happen - it may have been a lesson to other clubs - look at Leicester, Palacace , Watford - all done it the right way.
    Watford

Last time I looked Watford were 8th pal - just saying like

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote on Tue, 29 December 2015 16:59
    Last time I looked Watford were 8th pal - just saying like
    Yep, but you said they did it the "right way" - ignoring how dodgy they've been over the last few years.

Fair point - what I meant though was where they are now - both in terms of position and the way they now seem to operate.

Instead all we to look forward to is Slade and more Slade