+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mats Møller Dæhli

Mats Møller Dæhli

He should have gone back to Manchester United when he had the chance, what was he thinking when he decided to come here?

Re: Mats Møller Dæhli

Quote Originally Posted by Observer wrote on Mon, 28 December 2015 23:35
    He should have gone back to Manchester United when he had the chance, what was he thinking when he decided to come here?
    Pretty easy to figure out his decision. The promise of first team football and a chance to shine. Something he wasn't given nor promised at United.

Seems to have been the wrong choice then, he would have been better off continuing to learn his trade by the looks of things. It's probably all OGS fault for talking him into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Observer wrote on Mon, 28 December 2015 23:45
    Seems to have been the wrong choice then, he would have been better off continuing to learn his trade by the looks of things. It's probably all OGS fault for talking him into it.
    Possibly, but I don't think he would have done anything at United and just got released again. Wrong choice? Not sure. At least he moved from us to Germany. If he had been another failed United reserve he might have been playing for Northampton now.

Did they release him? I thought he asked to go, to join OGS (him again)? I know they wanted him back.

Unfortunately, he seems to be too lightweight to make it in top tier football but certainly has magic in his feet in the glimpses he offers.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelBlues wrote on Tue, 29 December 2015 00:05
    He only came here because of OGS.
    Probably agree there. But I would say that he should have had a chance to play in a No. 10 role like Oscar does at Chelsea. He seems to find great passes under pressure. Someone like Swansea who play good football could have used him to good effect I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze wrote on Tue, 29 December 2015 00:09
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelBlues wrote on Tue, 29 December 2015 00:05
    He only came here because of OGS.
    Unfortunately, he seems to be too lightweight to make it in top tier football but certainly has magic in his feet in the glimpses he offers.
    I'd think had they could they probably would. He doesn't have enough to make it at the top level.

According to Wiki Height: 1.77 m Weight: 72 kg.

Quote Originally Posted by Observer wrote on Tue, 29 December 2015 00:31
    According to Wiki Height: 1.77 m Weight: 72 kg.
    Can't beat the old un's.

He was a player learning his trade and building up his fitness but was expected to make us play in the premier league and help us dominate in the championship.

He's no Peter King.

I was just wondering if he wasn't the recipient of too much 'career advice' from OGS, who wasn't the best judge of players with regards to their suitability to do a job under the prevailing conditions. His main selection criteria seemed to be had they been at Manchester Unitized or did they share the same agent. Personally I think another 2-3 years in the Man Utd reserves, and on the fringe of the 1st team would have done him the world of good, and his career progression seems to back that up.