+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Abysmal second half that. Worst 45 mins of the season v worst side we have played

Banned

Re: Abysmal second half that. Worst 45 mins of the season v worst side we have played

Maybe I'm easier pleased than most but I thought we played well for the 95 minutes. Granted we didn't create a shed load of chances but the players put in a good shift.

Re: Abysmal second half that. Worst 45 mins of the season v worst side we have played

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy wrote on Tue, 29 December 2015 23:53
    Maybe I'm easier pleased than most but I thought we played well for the 95 minutes. Granted we didn't create a shed load of chances but the players put in a good shift.
    If you thought we played well in the last half hour you are not just easily pleased, you are not playing with a full deck sunshine.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lawley Kazoo wrote on Wed, 30 December 2015 00:04
    If you thought we played well in the last half hour you are not just easily pleased, you are not playing with a full deck sunshine.
    Have a look at the stat's then tell me my deck is incomplete.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy wrote on Wed, 30 December 2015 00:08
    I don't have to look at any stats, I have a fully functioning set of eyes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lawley Kazoo wrote on Wed, 30 December 2015 00:16
    I don't have to look at any stats, I have a fully functioning set of eyes.
    Try specsavers sunshine.

In fairness I enjoyed the first half tonight/ was a good game. Which I suppose made the awful second half even worse.

Crazyhorse trolls on as Tandy

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. wrote on Wed, 30 December 2015 00:19
    Crazyhorse trolls on as Tandy
    Ahh the arch tan bummer crazyhorse. Makes sense.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal wrote on Wed, 30 December 2015 00:18
    What stats for the last half hour?
    How was the second half worse than the first half? We had 62% of the play 17 shots what more do you want? Yeah we didn't win which makes people like you a bit annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy wrote on Wed, 30 December 2015 00:29
    In fairness I enjoyed the first half tonight/ was a good game. Which I suppose made the awful second half even worse.
    Trouble is, I said to my mate after about twenty minutes that we must have had something like twelve goal attempts already. How many times did we genuinely threaten to score in the second half? I can remember a deflected shot which their keeper was worried about and that cross in added time that was scrambled away for a corner - that's about it I believe because Slade's Cardiff City are incapable of putting together convincing sixty minute performances, let alone ninety minute ones.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Wed, 30 December 2015 06:05
    How was the second half worse than the first half? We had 62% of the play 17 shots what more do you want? Yeah we didn't win which makes people like you a bit annoyed.
    Also in hindsight I think Slade should have rotates the squad a bit today, the likes of KD and Kennedy should have been involved, same players are being flogged week in , week out. It's OK for Cowie, but Watt, Jones, Pilkington, Gunnar, can't do it. Noone also can't last beyond 60-70 mins, Ameobi about 20 !

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Wed, 30 December 2015 08:02
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Wed, 30 December 2015 06:05
    Trouble is, I said to my mate after about twenty minutes that we must have had something like twelve goal attempts already. How many times did we genuinely threaten to score in the second half? I can remember a deflected shot which their keeper was worried about and that cross in added time that was scrambled away for a corner - that's about it I believe because Slade's Cardiff City are incapable of putting together convincing sixty minute performances, let alone ninety minute ones.
    Very true.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Wed, 30 December 2015 08:02
    The problem being that this should have been noted and worked on from last season rather from this Christmas period.

I think that's been well established.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal wrote on Tue, 29 December 2015 23:00
    Predictable again tonight. Play well and dominate for 45 mins, second half after around the now customary hour mark we take Jones off but continue to play as if he's still on the pitch. Every ball is sent out wide to Pilks, Fabio or Ameobi and then either a slow speculative lob in the general direction of the penalty area or fail to beat the first man. Slade is f*cking hopeless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawley Kazoo wrote on Tue, 29 December 2015 22:56
    In all seriousness I would love to know what the game plan second half was. I genuinely have no idea- what you describe is the best I can come up with.
    It wouldn't surprise me if like pub football he doesn't name his team until they are all in the changing room an hour before kick off.