+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Side Simply isn't Fit Enough

The Side Simply isn't Fit Enough

I believe Cardiff's Jekyll and Hyde 90 minute performances are down to fitness issues. The side simply aren't fit enough to keep up the 1st half intensity they show on a regular basis. They also waste energy passing the ball back and forth going nowhere but tippy toeing around.

Add to this a complete lack of tactical nous and you have a recipe for what we watch week in week out.

In my humble opinion this side has got no chance of a top 6 finish with Slade at the helm.

Re: The Side Simply isn't Fit Enough

Several players out on their feet week in week out.

Jones, Ameobi if he starts and No one are no more than 60 minute players.

Watt was knackered as well tonight, maybe Pilkington too.

Might have made sense to involve KD ( not even on the bench again - wtf) and Kennedy.

Also a couple of earlier subs. No one gave the ball away cheaply 3-4 times in 5-10 minutes and we lost our grip on the game, partly as a result of this, he should have been pulled after the first one, he was dead on his feet.

Jones, well I give up, he's so frustrating- however when he went off so did our chances of winning- however Macheda should be fresh and needs more than 10 minutes alongside a tired Sam to do anything

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Tue, 29 December 2015 23:41
    Several players out on their feet week in week out.
    I really don't see any point at all in bringing Macheda on if we are going to play it wide especially if he's alongside Watt. If I'm not mistaken I believe Watt and Macheda had a grand total of three touches of the ball in the last 10-15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by cheppy wrote on Tue, 29 December 2015 23:35
    I believe Cardiff's Jekyll and Hyde 90 minute performances are down to fitness issues. The side simply aren't fit enough to keep up the 1st half intensity they show on a regular basis. They also waste energy passing the ball back and forth going nowhere but tippy toeing around.
    'Intensity' ?