+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Brilliant' TV Box Sets

Re: 'Brilliant' TV Box Sets

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc wrote on Fri, 01 January 2016 16:54
    gave up after 1st episode of sopranos played with my phone more than watched it couldn't believe the hype about it. i still haven't watched the last 2 eps of BB only because i didn't want it to end but will have to watch it soon. anyone watch better call saul? was it any good?
    It is akin to those scenes, but with a little more tension/grit.

The Good Life.

Totally unbelievable and Penelope Keith over acting of Margot is deplorable.

I'm racking up the unwatched box sets by the year. Just don't seem to have the time for them anymore

Finished The Wire in around 2009/10 which I absolutely loved and since then have started watching Breaking Bad (been stalled midway for about 6 months now) and also had a crack at The Sopranos (saw about 4 episodes 3 years ago).

I really don't know how people find the time

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Fri, 01 January 2016 19:22
    Homeland was good for the first 2 series, the 3rd was ok then when they moved to Kabul and Pakistan for the 4th series, it became hard viewing and i lost interest, though speaking to others, the 5th series is back on form again
    Homeland should have ended when Brody got offed.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Fri, 01 January 2016 16:58
    The Wire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue wrote on Fri, 01 January 2016 16:29
    I've tried it a few times but it just doesn't grab me at all. I did watch all of the sopranos because of the hype but it was a struggle tbh it's no BB or GOT that's for sure!
    I love watching Box Sets and would willingly sit through every episode of The Sopranos, West Wing, Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones for a third or fourth time. There have been some (24, Prison Break and The Walking Dead spring to mind) that I have given up on because of a combination of boredom and not caring in the slightest what happened to the main characters, but, by and large, once I start on a Box set, I watch it all the way through.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay wrote on Fri, 01 January 2016 15:00
    After finishing the superb 'Breaking Bad' (IMO) I needed a new fix, so was recommended 'Sons Of Anarchy' which I was enjoying but its so repetetive, I'm on season 4 now but think I'm going to ditch it and find something else.
    Struggling with Dexter atm. I have six episodes left, but it's become so ridiculous now.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc wrote on Fri, 01 January 2016 16:54
    gave up after 1st episode of sopranos played with my phone more than watched it couldn't believe the hype about it. i still haven't watched the last 2 eps of BB only because i didn't want it to end but will have to watch it soon. anyone watch better call saul? was it any good?
    I think you have to go further than one episode before thinking it's over hyped. Sopranos is great, not as great as people make out - but these things rarely are.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Sat, 02 January 2016 05:31
    The Wire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Fri, 01 January 2016 16:58
    I've tried it a few times but it just doesn't grab me at all. I did watch all of the sopranos because of the hype but it was a struggle tbh it's no BB or GOT that's for sure!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue wrote on Fri, 01 January 2016 16:29
    I don't watch such things generally but I must say that I thought The Wire was the most extraordinary TV series. There were 'good' baddies, bad 'goodies' and both worlds had their own power struggles, jargon, complicated politics and ruthless individuals.
    The Wire is the best of the lot for me. But, I am yet to watch Breaking Bad (episode 3 of season 2).

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R wrote on Fri, 01 January 2016 18:04
    Under The Dome. Watched the first two series, but gave up after the first episode of series 3. Then I realised its just sh1te!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig wrote on Fri, 01 January 2016 18:01
    Yeah, we gave up on it too.
    Same here.

The returned. French drama. Loved the first series only they left it too long for the second.

For Prison Break read Walking Dead. Really, really do not understand the appeal of it anymore. Also struggled with The Wire - probably because is was bigged up so much prior to finally watching it a few years back. The Killing is another one that I regret sticking with.