+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are there more Liverpool supporters in South Wales

Are there more Liverpool supporters in South Wales

I suspect there might be, after the shenanigans at Wembley a few years ago with loads of Welsh libpool supporters in our end and the rumoured coaches that leave South Wales every weekend to watch them....is it a myth or is it a possible reason why we are currently so under-supported?
    I must know at least 10 people who live in and around Cardiff and support Liverpool (even if at least 8 have never been to a game).....

Re: Are there more Liverpool supporters in South Wales

theres one in Barry for sure

Banned

99.9% of them have never been to Liverpool, sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman wrote on Fri, 08 January 2016 21:39
    I know loads of Liverpool fans in Cwmbran and everyone of them claims to have a cousin in Barry.

My bro has an liver bird tattooed on his arm and has been a passionate supporter of them since the 70s, I've never understood him and he has never understood me, he used to take the piss when I'd shoot off to Halifax on a cold Tuesday night , the ****

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Riley wrote on Fri, 08 January 2016 22:09
    My bro has an liver bird tattooed on his arm and has been a passionate supporter of them since the 70s, I've never understood him and he has never understood me, he used to take the piss when I'd shoot off to Halifax on a cold Tuesday night , the ****
    My son in law has a massive tattoo on his leg,he has only seen them on tv the nob.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster wrote on Fri, 08 January 2016 22:15
    My son in law has a massive tattoo on his leg,he has only seen them on tv the nob.
    It's crackers mate isn't it? My bro would get a nose bleed if he'd go north of merthyr

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Riley wrote on Fri, 08 January 2016 22:26
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepster wrote on Fri, 08 January 2016 22:15
    It's crackers mate isn't it? My bro would get a nose bleed if he'd go north of merthyr
    I have a guy who works with me knows every thing about Manure their 2nds and youth but he is a sky supporter never seen them live.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman wrote on Fri, 08 January 2016 21:39

Probably. South Wales is bigger than cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by londontaffia wrote on Fri, 08 January 2016 21:35
    I suspect there might be, after the shenanigans at Wembley a few years ago with loads of Welsh libpool supporters in our end and the rumoured coaches that leave South Wales every weekend to watch them....is it a myth or is it a possible reason why we are currently so under-supported?
    If you're talking in terms of people who actually go to games the answer has to be no. If you are talking about people who are "interested" in the respective clubs, want them to win every week, but rarely, if ever, go to games then my guess is that the answer would be no as well - I may well be wrong there mind. Finally, if you're talking about people who never watch Liverpool play, but have seen a few Cardiff games in their lifetime yet still refer to the scousers as "us" and "we", the answer is definitely yes.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Sat, 09 January 2016 05:33
    I must know at least 10 people who live in and around Cardiff and support Liverpool (even if at least 8 have never been to a game).....
    That drives me nuts tbh. In my younger days I had a soft spot for Liverpool, thanks to Toshack, and most of my mates had a "TV team" as well as supporting City, but it really winds me up to hear people refer to, say, Liverpool as "us" especially when they've never Ben been there.

That are all arseholes , every one of them

And the man united lot

Many more Liverpool than City 'armchair' fans.
    Went out after a Sunday League game and 'El plastico' was on.

Nearly all my team mates were supporting one side or the other, and one asked me if I was a 'scouser or a Manc'.

I never got asked a 2nd time

In school I was one City fan in my year, and amongst my 5 a side group who are on average 10 years younger there's 3 city fans ( although a few more go to away games for the crack), of which I'm the only one who goes to home games regularly, but virtually all of them ( 16-18 in total at the club) support Liverpool or MU. It's sad really

They are not supporters they are sad ****s my workplace is infested with the dull phuckers.

There are at least 12 ardent lifelong Liverpool fans were I work,a few have tattoo's and to my knowledge only one of them has been to Anfield and when we played them in the Prem all wanted me to get them tickets.I suggested they went through "their" clubs ticket office.None of them did.

In works they are by far the biggest supported club amongst the plastics , in Newport a supporters club used to run coaches

I was in my local a few years back watching El Plastico and there were Liverpool plastics in there. No Man U plastics.

Dont think any of them have been to a club match in their lives.

Man U scored - I cheered - just to wind them up - id have done the opposite if Man U plastics had been there instead.

Anyway one of them goes Man U fan are you. I said no I support Cardiff. He replies yeah we all support Cardiff (none of them to my knowledge have ever seen us play) but who is your proper team.?? The stupid c**ts!!!

I can understand them being glory hunters if they are old enough to remember the 80s but they've done next to nothing since to generate a South Wales following. Surely anyone under a certain age should be plastic mancs.

It really depends how you define a supporter. If you would class them as soulless mo foes with no understanding of what being a proper fan is, people who in the main have never seen them play live who sit and argue with their mates who follow man Utd instead, then yes there is 1000s. If you class them as proper fans who go to watch them regularly then there are very few, the odd mini bus or coach. I find I cannot sit anywhere near them in the pub if they are watching their team, I'd probably end up in jail.

I work in the Newport area and the place is infested with 'Scousers' and 'Mancs'. The laughable thing is, the County boys I work with hate Cardiff because we eat into their potential fan base, they hate Cardiff supporting Newport boys more than plastics who don't make any effort to leave their armchairs and support Cewnty.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Sat, 09 January 2016 05:33
    There are Liverpool 'supporters' in Bristol, in Plymouth, even around the Midlands. People who wouldn't actually ATTEND a football match, but because so much TV coverage of the top sides, consider themselves supporters of these sides. I've always thought it a natural law of following football that you follow your local team, not neccesarilly the 'best' team. If you aren't sitting/standing there cheering them on, you aren't supporting them. Same applies to City, as I posted earlier - circumtances permitting, if you don't go to the CCS you aren't a 'supporter'...

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 wrote on Sat, 09 January 2016 05:49
    If you're talking in terms of people who actually go to games the answer has to be no. If you are talking about people who are "interested" in the respective clubs, want them to win every week, but rarely, if ever, go to games then my guess is that the answer would be no as well - I may well be wrong there mind. Finally, if you're talking about people who never watch Liverpool play, but have seen a few Cardiff games in their lifetime yet still refer to the scousers as "us" and "we", the answer is definitely yes.
    Real Scousers and Mancs must grimace.