+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are there more Liverpool supporters in South Wales

Re: Are there more Liverpool supporters in South Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R wrote on Sat, 09 January 2016 17:28
    you'll never walk alone steve

Supporters go to games, therefore those supposed Liverpool 'supporters' actually aren't really. I have a mate who is a 'big' (his words) Liverpool fan and proud that he's been o Anfield. I tend to remind him he's only been once......and that was in 1971! I have no time fir these plastics although if they went every week I'd gave a but more. Support your local team I say, although that would be Pontypridd Town for me so I must be a plastic too.

A Liverpool fan with a South Wales accent called into 606 last week. It was all "us" and "we". It made me cringe.

I have heard they even have a shop in newport. Sad losers.

Easily! Have you not been to a Cardiff game where the early kick-off was one of the big teams? Huge groups of people sat there watching the game celebrating when their side scores!? I'd wager a lot of Cardiff fans are Liverpool/Man U fans as well! Remember the c*nts who didn't mind whether Cardiff or Liverpool won the cup because they support them both!?

Enough said!

Was talking o an older Liverpool fan after the league cup tie at Anfield a few seasons ago, I asked him what he thought of the plastics who attach themselves to his club, he described them as 'excess baggage'. Good phrase i thought.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue wrote on Sun, 10 January 2016 01:58
    A Liverpool fan with a South Wales accent called into 606 last week. It was all "us" and "we". It made me cringe.
    I have heard similar on other radio shows makes me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue wrote on Sun, 10 January 2016 01:58
    Another on Talk Sport last week too. Strong Cardiff accent and having a swipe at 'the mancs'. Not sure if he thought he was a 'scouser'.

I hate liverpool more than the jacks it really pisses me off that people who got 3 clubs they could support within a stones throw away decide to support(support a team you only see on the telly) a team 450 miles away and in england and the best thing about it most of us have seen liverpool live more than them

South Wales or just Cardiff/Newport?

I sometimes wonder if the Jacks also have plastics who follow Liv or ManU or some other 'big team'.

The Jacks I've known swear blind they don't. I'd love to show them they're wrong, but having lived in Jackland a long time I'm afraid they're right.

I've seen coaches of man utd fans from Swansea heading to old Trafford quite a few times over the years, one time they pulled up near Cardiff central station early one Saturday to pick a few manc supporters up.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson wrote on Sun, 10 January 2016 12:58
    I've seen coaches of man utd fans from Swansea heading to old Trafford quite a few times over the years, one time they pulled up near Cardiff central station early one Saturday to pick a few manc supporters up.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue wrote on Sun, 10 January 2016 14:35
    I've just emailed him!!

Text the sad Cardiff idiot , what a tosser

Give Dai Hunt his address

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY wrote on Sun, 10 January 2016 15:45
    Text the sad Cardiff idiot , what a tosser
    Pizzas, taxis, and some double glazing salesmen on their way to his address shortly

Just to throw it in ... but there are also a lot of Everton fans in Wales as well,