+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Islamic State attack tourists In Egypt

Islamic State attack tourists In Egypt

"The attackers were aiming to kidnap tourists, officials told the BBC. Reports say they raised the IS flag."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-35268713

Blog Entries

Re: Islamic State attack tourists In Egypt

Quote Originally Posted by Observer wrote on Sat, 09 January 2016 12:02
    "The attackers were aiming to kidnap tourists, officials told the BBC. Reports say they raised the IS flag."
    Is that our friend Frank?

for a country that relies on tourism, it is not looking good for them, though i guess thats what daesh want

Feedback

its good to see the Egyptians taking no nonsense from them. clearly this shows the muslim world aren't all in it together as some would like to have you believe.

It is worrying for Egypt, they seem an easy target for the terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R wrote on Sat, 09 January 2016 12:06
    Quote Originally Posted by Observer wrote on Sat, 09 January 2016 12:02
    No, Frank went to Butlins this year.

I'm glad I went a few years back and visited the pyramids and the Cairo museum ( an amazing place) but I wouldn't go anywhere the place with these lunatics thinking killing people for some mumbo jumbo they believe in

The worlds a dark place ATM and it's turning innocent people into discriminating others, I suppose this is one of the things they're being successful at

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird wrote on Sat, 09 January 2016 14:28
    The worlds a dark place ATM and it's turning innocent people into discriminating others, I suppose this is one of the things they're being successful at
    a real shame

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Sat, 09 January 2016 15:38
    That must be a primary aim they have, which in turn will bring more bitter Muslims to the " fold "
    What about bitter Westerners (not sure what you mean by bitter here btw).

Quote Originally Posted by Loya Jirga wrote on Sat, 09 January 2016 15:50
    That must be a primary aim they have, which in turn will bring more bitter Muslims to the " fold "
    Us against the world, who hate us mentality
    what would you call it ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Sat, 09 January 2016 15:58
    a real shame
    They might aswell knock their religion on the head, when was the last time anything positive came from it?

a real shame
    I would call it misinterpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by ElyBlueAJ wrote on Sat, 09 January 2016 16:03
    a real shame
    http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/jan/05/how-flood s-united-the-north-chefs-bearing-curries-refugees-with-sandb ags#img-3

a real shame
    Religion is, basically, a way for people to comprehend mortality. Things become a whole lot clearer when you realise that this is your time - once you're gone, you're gone. I'd sooner waste time talking crap on here than following some deity who, even if He existed, comes across as a sadist.

Quote Originally Posted by Loya Jirga wrote on Sat, 09 January 2016 16:10
    a real shame
    well would you be " bitter " if the world was discriminating against your religion due to the actions of a minority ( who say they are representing your religion )
    Exactly, let's be honest religion is used in the Middle East as a tool to make the population subservient. That's why in Islam especially they are against education, they don't want people thinking for themselves

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird wrote on Sat, 09 January 2016 16:07
    a real shame
    well would you be " bitter " if the world was discriminating against your religion due to the actions of a minority ( who say they are representing your religion )
    that makes all the sectarian wars in the Middle East worth it

Quote Originally Posted by ElyBlueAJ wrote on Sat, 09 January 2016 16:33
    Quote Originally Posted by Loya Jirga wrote on Sat, 09 January 2016 16:10
    a real shame
    Education is religion's biggest threat. If God is truly good (in whatever guise) and the creator of all - then creating something like this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acanthamoeba_keratitis takes a sick sense of humour.

You'll all go to hell for this.

a real shame
    Not sure that is the product of religion is it? It's more like a group of people clubbing together to help out others. Very commendable, but not sure the fact they were Muslim was the driver there.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 09 January 2016 16:39
    You'll all go to hell for this.
    I've heard it's full of naked women... so here's to an eternity of damnation.

Quote Originally Posted by Loya Jirga wrote on Sat, 09 January 2016 16:40
    a real shame
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by [IMG
    http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/swimaway2.gif[/IMG] Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 09 January 2016 16:39] You'll all go to hell for this.
    Oh shit I'm outta here

They've killed two (probably muslim) Egyptian policeman now.

And that guy in the U.S.A who shot the policeman "in support of I.S"

The media made a big thing ages ago of reporting that I.S were calling on all supporters to attack police and military personnel. Well done, media, it worked. So, if I.S state that they want supporters to attack hospitals or trains or schools or shopping centres, presumably the media would report this, knowing full well that some dickheads will read the reports and go out and carry out the same.

There is more to all this than just a group of extremists.

Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond wrote on Sat, 09 January 2016 16:50
    They've killed two (probably muslim) Egyptian policeman now.
    It doesn't matter if the Egyptian police were Muslim, they'd still be regarded as kafir by extremists

lol - they didnt do that when the Somerset downs were flooded a few years back did they

lol - they didnt do that when the Somerset downs were flooded a few years back did they -

perhaps they just want to do something that will shine a good light on themselves rather than ISIS dominated publicity

Re: lol - they didnt do that when the Somerset downs were flooded a few years back did they

Quote Originally Posted by [IMG
    http://www.ccmb.co.uk/images/smiley_icons/homer.gif[/IMG] Jimmy Jimmy wrote on Sat, 09 January 2016 17:23] lol - they didnt do that when the Somerset downs were flooded a few years back did they -
    https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/flood-volunteers-rece ption-david-camerons-speech