+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swansea lose 3-2

Re: Swansea lose 3-2

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts wrote on Sun, 10 January 2016 13:58
    To Oxford United of Division 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loya Jirga wrote on Sun, 10 January 2016 13:54
    Youve got a lot of problems.
    Couldn't see City beating Oxford either on today's showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim wrote on Sun, 10 January 2016 16:18
    What a brilliant game - very impressed by Oxford, a League Two side that was able to bring on subs with plenty of ability. Roofe won't be staying with them for long on that showing, but I thought the right back Baldock, Lunstrom in central midfield and the sub O'Dowda all looked like they were too good for League Two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto wrote on Sun, 10 January 2016 15:50
    I'm not sure how many changes the jacks made today, and if so, how many of those players get much of a first team airing. If there were alot of changes with players coming in without a great deal of first team experience, then it does show that competitive football will win through. Alot of Premier and Championship clubs squads may be decent in size with cover upon cover, but in my opinion extremely light on quality outside of the first 16. Lower division clubs albeit lacking in quality for the percentage, have to utilise the majority of their squad and utilise second year trainees, it's a great grounding.
    Quote Originally Posted by insider wrote on Sun, 10 January 2016 15:36
    A return to real reserve team football is a must in my opinion, not this glorified youth league stuff that is U-21. Play trainees against men, men who want to get back into the first team and plenty who feel loathed that they're pitting their wits against some keen upstart. I remember being 16 and playing the jacks in a reserve game at the Morfa, we had quite a youthful side out, they didn't, Bracey in goal, Stewart Philips up front, Simon Davey on the right and a couple of St Mirren lads who had just signed for them. None of them great players, but hardened and new how to wrap me up with the simplest of movements, clever fouls, intimidation. Technically they weren't great, that wasn't a problem, it was the experience that did for us, and it made you learn and understand what competitive football was about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto wrote on Sun, 10 January 2016 15:25
    I think the commentator said 10 of the same starters as the Palace game and 6 of the same starters as the Manu game.
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Sun, 10 January 2016 14:13
    You could've told me before i typed all that shite
    So, five players without a great deal of first team action and probably getting their fix at U-21 level? Don't get me wrong, i'm over the moon! my main point was that U-21 level football is no grounding for competitive first team football-in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto wrote on Sun, 10 January 2016 16:27
    What a brilliant game - very impressed by Oxford, a League Two side that was able to bring on subs with plenty of ability. Roofe won't be staying with them for long on that showing, but I thought the right back Baldock, Lunstrom in central midfield and the sub O'Dowda all looked like they were too good for League Two.
    I'm not sure how many changes the jacks made today, and if so, how many of those players get much of a first team airing. If there were alot of changes with players coming in without a great deal of first team experience, then it does show that competitive football will win through. Alot of Premier and Championship clubs squads may be decent in size with cover upon cover, but in my opinion extremely light on quality outside of the first 16. Lower division clubs albeit lacking in quality for the percentage, have to utilise the majority of their squad and utilise second year trainees, it's a great grounding.
    A return to real reserve team football is a must in my opinion, not this glorified youth league stuff that is U-21. Play trainees against men, men who want to get back into the first team and plenty who feel loathed that they're pitting their wits against some keen upstart. I remember being 16 and playing the jacks in a reserve game at the Morfa, we had quite a youthful side out, they didn't, Bracey in goal, Stewart Philips up front, Simon Davey on the right and a couple of St Mirren lads who had just signed for them. None of them great players, but hardened and new how to wrap me up with the simplest of movements, clever fouls, intimidation. Technically they weren't great, that wasn't a problem, it was the experience that did for us, and it made you learn and understand what competitive football was about.
    I think the commentator said 10 of the same starters as the Palace game and 6 of the same starters as the Manu game.
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Sun, 10 January 2016 14:13
    6 started the palace game and 1 started the utd game.
    I agree with you.

That's why it's right to make the most of the loan system

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sun, 10 January 2016 16:32
    So, five players without a great deal of first team action and probably getting their fix at U-21 level? Don't get me wrong, i'm over the moon! my main point was that U-21 level football is no grounding for competitive first team football-in my opinion.
    You want 11 from us ?

Then give them a chance in the first team although we agree-i think!

Quote Originally Posted by pencoedjack wrote on Sun, 10 January 2016 16:37
    Agree, the U21 stuff seems rubbish.
    Apparently your lads are too busy shagging each other's wives for football anyway 😄👍

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto wrote on Sun, 10 January 2016 16:38
    Yes. Elsewhere - at a level where they won't be ruined 👍

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC_Urawa_Reds wrote on Sun, 10 January 2016 14:15
    For large periods, Oxford were the better team. Swansea do indeed have major problems. Is their purple period over?
    As the locals here in Denia, Spain would say - QUE LASTIMA - Jack Bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sun, 10 January 2016 16:40
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto wrote on Sun, 10 January 2016 16:38
    That's why it's right to make the most of the loan system
    No, here. Going out on loan is great experience, at some point they have to be given a chance. They wont be 'ruined' if the manager doesn't allow it to happen. You need to be a bit more positive and less cautious