+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brave City fall to focused Shrews

Brave City fall to focused Shrews

First of all, I think most of us should take a quiet moment to appreciate the achievement of reaching the 3rd round of the FA Cup. Who will ever forget the excitement around the club when the draw was made for this round. With limited seating available and the game televised nationally, this is truly one to tell the grandchildren. It's been a great journey .... and thanks for the memories City !

The game itself lived up to expectations, with the thousands in the stadium treated to a rip-roaring Wales - Shropshire derby, perhaps almost similar in scale and atmosphere to the great European nights, such as against Real Madrid.

Unfortunately, the 1 - 0 scoreline was to go against us, due to the clinical attacking quality of shrewsbury who are one of the better teams in their division.

Personally, the result was secondary to what was an epic build-up over the weeks and a truly special pre/during/post - match feeling/atmosphere that will live long in the memory and make many a Cardiff City publication in the near and later future.

Re: Brave City fall to focused Shrews

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC_Urawa_Reds wrote on Sun, 10 January 2016 21:01
    First of all, I think most of us should take a quiet moment to appreciate the achievement of reaching the 3rd round of the FA Cup. Who will ever forget the excitement around the club when the draw was made for this round. With limited seating available and the game televised nationally, this is truly one to tell the grandchildren. It's been a great journey .... and thanks for the memories City !
    I'm glad you picked up on the quality of the opposition, accurate and very sporting.