+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Slade "97% of the fans are wrong", "I have a 39% win ratio in my career"

Slade "97% of the fans are wrong", "I have a 39% win ratio in my career"

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hu ll-city-v-cardiff-city-10730142

Man close to the brink IMO, sooner he goes the better. Players have given up on him too, tonight was the poorest display of the lot.

Re: Slade "97% of the fans are wrong", "I have a 39% win ratio in my career"

There's 3 quotes in that link, from Slade. Definitely a man who has lost the plot.
    Taxi for Slade sharpish.

Quote Originally Posted by thornhillblue wrote on Wed, 13 January 2016 23:09
    There's 3 quotes in that link, from Slade. Definitely a man who has lost the plot.
    Indications are that he'd maybe rather not just now.

Season hasn't finished yet Russell so 97% are not wrong you knob. The way it's going you could be out of the top 10 come Saturday anyway.

When we was in the play offs you wanted to remind everyone how we were hitting our target now you don't want to look that far ahead.

Clown

Saying things like that is bound to come back to haunt him.

But there are stats, more stats and damned lies Mr Slade

You say you won 39%
    You've really won 38%
    At Cardiff, you've won 36%
    This season, you've won 35%
    In terms of football success and honours over 22 years, you've won 0%.

You're the Man! 😀😀⚽️⚽️

In case I'm missing something there are only three potential outcomes, win, lose or draw.

On that basis by the laws of average you should expect 33.3% win rate by random chance.

To make a boast regarding win rate surely you needs a win rate as a manager over 50% for your input to be statistically significant.

as stats tend to have a variance of 3% anyway one could argue that had Slades teams had no manager at all the results would have been the same.... Which begs the question.... What is he for?

It's like investment managers who claim success for their investment knowledge giving 5% growth in a market where index tracking earned 6%.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cholmondley-Warner wrote on Thu, 14 January 2016 08:11
    In case I'm missing something there are only three potential outcomes, win, lose or draw.
    That's great, but have you factored in the 25% of customers who were replaced following the rebrand (and mysteriously disappeared following the return to the Championship) and the 7% interest that Tan is charging on his loan?

Fair play if only he was as good a manager as he is at talking shit carlsburg would name him best manager in the world

He's completely a lower to mid-table championship manager but that has exceeded expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelBlues wrote on Thu, 14 January 2016 01:33
    But there are stats, more stats and damned lies Mr Slade
    61% "failed to win" rate.