+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gabbs on Sky Sports Fantasy Football now

Re: Gabbs on Sky Sports Fantasy Football now

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Blue wrote on Sat, 16 January 2016 11:54
    I've only seen the clip but he doesn't mention when this occurred. Gabbs also seems to have a fairly vague grasp on the story (doesn't know Mark Hudson's name for instance). My guess would be that he's repeating an old story here, from a time when he wasn't at the club himself.
    These things happened last season.

Thanks for clarifying that. Sounds like Tan is closer to a fully fledged crackpot rather than a mere eccentric.

If Gabbs says these things happened, then they probably did. But as little as Tan knows about football, I struggle to honestly believe that even he thinks the keeper and defenders should be shooting more.

How much of this is him just being the wind up merchant he has always been? There have been a number of instances where he has shown his sense of humour. I saw a video of the fans singing always be blue at him when arriving outside the stadium and he said no, always be red, with a big smile on his face.

Another time was when he was booing the team, this came after the fans were booing and he then laughed afterwards. This incident in particular was blown massively out of proportion and the clips shown often didn't show him laughing at the end.

He's a crackpot no doubt but also often taken far too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Fri, 15 January 2016 18:32
    Splendid stuff. Gabbs said that shortly before he and Scott Young took charge of their first game away at Derby, Vincent Tan phoned and told them to instruct David Marshall to kick the ball in a long, straight line and attempt to score goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger wrote on Sat, 16 January 2016 14:54
    If Gabbs says these things happened, then they probably did. But as little as Tan knows about football, I struggle to honestly believe that even he thinks the keeper and defenders should be shooting more.
    yes we have stumbled to our next crisis, so lets have a go as our club again

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Sat, 16 January 2016 16:19
    How much of this is him just being the wind up merchant he has always been? There have been a number of instances where he has shown his sense of humour. I saw a video of the fans singing always be blue at him when arriving outside the stadium and he said no, always be red, with a big smile on his face.
    It is an idiotic , stupid, clueless, arrogant, sh1t thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. wrote on Sat, 16 January 2016 16:45
    Another time was when he was booing the team, this came after the fans were booing and he then laughed afterwards. This incident in particular was blown massively out of proportion and the clips shown often didn't show him laughing at the end.
    so no harm done ( in this instance )

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Sat, 16 January 2016 16:53
    They don't want to think their boss is an arrogant, despotic, clueless, ignorant, unpredictable loon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. wrote on Sat, 16 January 2016 17:02
    Quote Originally Posted by blue matt wrote on Sat, 16 January 2016 16:53
    exactly, he has been involved with the club for too long to think that Marshall should be attempting to score goals and the defenders should be shooting from inside our own half
    If someone wanted to pay me 15 - 20 K a week and i had to put up with Vinnie on the phone every month, lets be honest, we would all accept it and think " the moneys good "