+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: He's killing us

He's killing us

Months ago I wrote that I thought VT was taking revenge and setting out to kill us of for protesting about the red shite and didn't care if he lost a few million doing so.Most on here said I was talking rubbish,well look at todays news.Think about it.The championship is the weakest for years,we started the season with a decent squad that with a good coaching set up and manager (we have neither) would have easily got back to the premier league and we have a very wealthy owner who could have put us in a position to do so.
    But NO. Nothing is done.We have a very poor coaching set up,a number of players who with all due respect to them should not be playing above league 1 standard and if we're not careful we'll be looking at the relegation places instead of the play off spots.
    If VT wanted to sort us out he could.
    He and him alone has decided to do NOTHING.
    It smells of revenge and I'm amazed more people can't see it.

Re: He's killing us

You already have 37 points. You will only need two or three more wins in the rest of the season and will not come remotely close to going down. Talk of relegation is daft.

I didn't say we'd get relegated,I was pointing out that we thought we'd be near the playoffs but we'll probably end up nearer the relegation places.
    If he doesn't get us this season he'll get us next season or the one after but his intention remains the same,kill us off.

You said 'if we are not careful we will be looking at the relegation places instead'. You are fine. The problem is when you are out of the Cups and mid table its all a bit dull.
    I do think Tan is no longer interested in spending money though.

I think it is absolute nonsense to claim that Tan has set out to 'kill the club' as a personal revenge on fans for rejecting his rebrand. If he was so petulant he would never have made his fortune (even with his friends in the Malaysian government) - he is a hard nosed businessman. I'm sure that applies to his vanity football club project as much as to his hotels and franchises.

Today's news about the FFP transfer embargo shows just how close to the wind we have been sailing - and explains the scope and haste of Slade's cull last year and in the summer. Hopefully the noises about the strength of an appeal are real - but I doubt it.

The complaints about management competency, style of play and quality of signings are all fair, but again I find it very hard to believe that Vincent Tan is personally demanding that Alex Revell is signed and played up front with Joe Mason for 3 months!

The general drop in club income from empty seats and shrinking season ticket sales - combined with whimpering exits from the cups - puts greater pressure on FFP compliance, and Tan must take his share of the blame for disappearing fans.

However, if he wants to get out of Cardiff with some respect from his peers and his fingers just singed, he needs to see the club promoted back to the Premier League. If he wants to enjoy the feeling of owning a successful British club again, the same applies.

For that reason I think the cost cutting has always been more about FFP compliance than 'ambition' or Tan's willingness to fund better and more expensive players. The WOL reports this afternoon say he has written off (another?) £13m of loans to the club. I would love one of the Board experts to explain more.

In the meantime the announcement may make Slade's position more secure - although not very secure.

And whether or not the FFP loopholes allow for a few new bodies to come in (and the Watt loan to be extended a bit) this is surely the time for the team to adopt a siege mentality, come out fighting, and give some of the youth/fringe players a chance. That might be a small silver lining - and an opportunity for Slade or an interim manager to earn a few brownie points with the fans.

As long as we don't end the season with Mason and Revell up front!

ive said it before...

he loves the limelight... good or bad

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 wrote on Fri, 15 January 2016 19:01
    I think it is absolute nonsense to claim that Tan has set out to 'kill the club' as a personal revenge on fans for rejecting his rebrand. If he was so petulant he would never have made his fortune (even with his friends in the Malaysian government) - he is a hard nosed businessman. I'm sure that applies to his vanity football club project as much as to his hotels and franchises.
    I agree with all that.There is enough in the squad to perform well they need to pull their fingers out.I read on wol that we may be able to recall the loanees.That may be worth looking at.We can blame Tan all we like and that may be right but would you look favourably on people who constantly abused you.Would you then throw more millions after the millions you already loaned/spent.He was totally wrong about the rebrand but we are equally to blame with our abuse and at times vile response.No appreciation has been shown to him for anything he has done.If we acted diplomatically we may still be in the premier.You slide further on bull shit than you do gravel.

Quote Originally Posted by parryisinnocent wrote on Fri, 15 January 2016 18:05
    Months ago I wrote that I thought VT was taking revenge and setting out to kill us of for protesting about the red shite and didn't care if he lost a few million doing so.Most on here said I was talking rubbish,well look at todays news.Think about it.The championship is the weakest for years,we started the season with a decent squad that with a good coaching set up and manager (we have neither) would have easily got back to the premier league and we have a very wealthy owner who could have put us in a position to do so.
    Sorry to say, but that's bunkum

53 Messages .... where have you been all these years

I tend to agree Jon
    And was only saying to a mate earlier that maybe a backs against the wall , **** it attitude ,is what we need to pull together .
    After Black Friday sale of kavanah , Gabbs, Collins , there was a great atmosphere against Sheffield Utd (I think) the next day.

Bit of anger at the football authorities might do us good .
    The support we give the team is worst I have known in recent times , and it may be rose tinted but I don't remember us being as bad even in the dungeon years.
    Probably as was said on another thread , because we knew the players were crap then , but this lot should be better.

To be honest I couldn't give a **** any more.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn wrote on Fri, 15 January 2016 20:30
    Today's news about the FFP transfer embargo shows just how close to the wind we have been sailing - and explains the scope and haste of Slade's cull last year and in the summer. Hopefully the noises about the strength of an appeal are real - but I doubt it.
    As Jon implies, yesterday's news hardly makes Tan look good in the eyes of his partners in the recently announced saccar franchise in Los Angeles and I would have thought he would be hurt by that.

I think you overestimate the strength of our squad.

I don't think anyone could get this lot promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Flashman wrote on Sat, 16 January 2016 07:17
    You talking to me?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Sat, 16 January 2016 07:19
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Flashman wrote on Sat, 16 January 2016 07:17
    I don't think anyone could get this lot promoted.
    It was meant for the OP but I'm still a bit tipsy.

Jimmy Jimmy,for the last 45 years I've been supporting Cardiff City.I also have a family and I'm self-employed so I find I don't have time to come on here putting up post after post day after day.
    Quality rather than quantity I reckon.
    Oh and by the way on tv gabbs has now told us a bit more about our owner and the person that is destroying our club.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy wrote on Fri, 15 January 2016 19:27
    Absolutely spot on.