+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Getting back to the game of football..........

Getting back to the game of football..........

City's Academy Twitter account have confirmed that this morning's game with Crystal Palace at Leckwith goes ahead with an 11 o clock kick off.

Re: Getting back to the game of football..........

I'm going to watch the u15s and u13s in Treforest Bob, I'm looking forward to it far more than I do the first team.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo wrote on Sat, 16 January 2016 10:30
    I'm going to watch the u15s and u13s in Treforest Bob, I'm looking forward to it far more than I do the first team.
    Yeah, I think I'll pop along to Leckwith for a while Gringo - I wonder if that interest in younger players Slade talked about in the last few days could refer to the Academy?

Look forward to your reports lads.

The Academy turned in a great performance, winning 5-0 with Jamie Bird scoring a hat trick - I'll try and get something done on the game this afternoon.

Jamie Biiird, Jamie Bird, with my little pick and shovel Jamie Bird

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sat, 16 January 2016 13:29
    Jamie Biiird, Jamie Bird, with my little pick and shovel Jamie Bird
    his family and close may be reading this

Great to hear about Jamie Bird, I know he's really well thought of at the academy and hopefully our next manager can find a way of bringing players like him through.

The u13s drew 0-0. They played well and had some excellent performance from the 2 centre backs and centre midfielders.