+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: This day next week

This day next week

Next Saturday if all results go for us we could be only 3 points off a playoff place. Why oh why do some fans think we are medioca? And keep saying why do the fans have to settle for mediocracy. Well it does appear some of us haven't.
    Why worry about a transfer embargo, the vast majority of clubs don't buy or loan anyone. We have never been a big user of the January transfer window. We have a good set of players . I do agree that we should abandon 4 4 2 maybe today has seen the end of that.
    I have the view that we can make the play offs. It not all over just yet. One last thing Slade has handled all the personal criticism very professionally and with dignity unlike some who have posted on here.

Re: This day next week

The last thing anyone could accuse us of is being medioca.

Have you been to many matches this season? I guess not or you would know what fans are complaining about

Most games since 1969, and your right I don't know what your complaining about. The seasons not over yet. If we get to the play offs I can say a few things , I was behind the club and players. I go to games win , lose or draw. End of. The stay aways are beginning to look more and more sad day by day.
    Oh and if we get to the playoffs is debt, embargo, Slade, tactics, Tan etc etc etc mean anything to the fan who supports the team by going to a match? No f all. Some fans are more concerned about back room politics than what it's like to support a team through thick and thin. Bluebird till I die and all that....

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by boyo wrote on Sat, 16 January 2016 23:14
    Next Saturday if all results go for us we could be only 3 points off a playoff place. Why oh why do some fans think we are medioca? And keep saying why do the fans have to settle for mediocracy. Well it does appear some of us haven't.

Like him or loath him he seems like a decent man , it would be hard to disagree with that.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by boyo wrote on Sun, 17 January 2016 00:34
    Like him or loath him he seems like a decent man , it would be hard to disagree with that.
    I'll bloody well try... but not today. Great result.

Well said, some of the stuff said on this board has been well out of order.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg wrote on Sun, 17 January 2016 00:24
    Quote Originally Posted by boyo wrote on Sat, 16 January 2016 23:14
    Why worry about a transfer embargo, the vast majority of clubs don't buy or loan anyone. We have never been a big user of the January transfer window. We have a good set of players . I do agree that we should abandon 4 4 2 maybe today has seen the end of that.
    What's wrong with him stating those facts?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex DeLarge wrote on Sat, 16 January 2016 23:17
    The last thing anyone could accuse us of is being medioca.
    I like tapiocre.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Riley wrote on Sun, 17 January 2016 01:05
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by boyo wrote on Sun, 17 January 2016 00:23
    Most games since 1969, and your right I don't know what your complaining about. The seasons not over yet. If we get to the play offs I can say a few things , I was behind the club and players. I go to games win , lose or draw. End of. The stay aways are beginning to look more and more sad day by day.
    My hero

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Riley wrote on Sun, 17 January 2016 01:05
    I can't really remember anyone having a personal dig at Slade on here. Professionally is another matter, and I'd say they were justified.

Like he's a PL teacher not a manager, and every time he opens his mouth I feel sick..These things have been said by the stay aways...

A decent man wouldn't continually blame his own inability on Ole for a whole season!

A decent man wouldn't blame the manager for everything at Cardiff City.

Quote Originally Posted by boyo wrote on Sun, 17 January 2016 19:43

I think that a bit of semblance is in order to emotive posts that use the usual catch line tags that seemingly compare supporting a football club to that of a sibling or loved one. It's cheap and easy and without substance.

There are posters who have difficulty in adding a rational and thought out response to Slades style of play and tactics, and when things get abusive or personal, then the point is lost, although, i'd say that those type of posters are few and far between.

The majority of the grumbling has been on the tactics and lack of penetration when a Slade side takes to the pitch, there's nothing wrong with being critical of a manager if his style of football is uninspiring, rigid, slow and at times, bereft of any impetus or ideas, and that's been the general issue with the majority that have been critical of Slade's management, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I think that there were between 1200-1500 City fans at Wolves yesterday, yet I've not read one post on this board concerning the tactics or performance, what Slade or players did differently (if anything) just the usual 'great day' 'loyal Supporter' stuff, which is odd, seeing as the biggest football debate on this board has been tactics and line up, as well as the style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by boyo wrote on Sun, 17 January 2016 19:43
    No, but they could blame him for buying mediocre players, they could blame for having no tactical awareness, they could blame him for match after match of awful football.

Then they would be wrong as not every game has been poor.