+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just watching Bournemouth on motd

Just watching Bournemouth on motd

Fantastic football played at a pace and without fear.
    They just murdered a decent Norwich side.

Ok they've spent a bit, but a fraction of what we did and mostly picked up promising young players. Seems like all their players are good on the ball, quick and able to play at a hectic tempo.

Great to watch

Re: Just watching Bournemouth on motd

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sun, 17 January 2016 08:50
    I felt the same when we nicked a draw against them

Quote Originally Posted by waynekerr55 wrote on Sun, 17 January 2016 09:01
    They were superb.

Staying on the MOTD theme, Hennessey's form for Palace is worrying for Wales. I wouldn't be surprised to see Speroni back in goals for them next week. That means we could well be going in to the Euro's with a keeper who as had very little first team action over the second half of the season.
    Hope I'm wrong of course.

I'd be a bit concerned about the cash they are splashing about if I were them

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien wrote on Sun, 17 January 2016 09:32
    Staying on the MOTD theme, Hennessey's form for Palace is worrying for Wales. I wouldn't be surprised to see Speroni back in goals for them next week. That means we could well be going in to the Euro's with a keeper who as had very little first team action over the second half of the season.
    Problem solved.

Heisenberg

With the signing of Benik Afobe, they've taken their spending to around £6m (or 3/4s of a Cornelius) more than we did in our PL season.

Also in an "old-fashioned" ground packed with a great atmosphere close to the ptich

They've had horrific injury problems this year too.

Doing it the right way nqat if they stay up which they surely will,
    they will stay there a while especially if they hang onto Howe

I never doubted that Bournemouth would get out of trouble this year. Every time I have watched them this year they have been the better team. They are like last year's Leicester and deserve to be much higher up the table.

Yeah they are doing well but you do wonder if they are doing as well as they can? For example they could only be 2 points above Swansea tomorrow and they are apparently really struggling. It's definitely very interesting down the bottom this year as apart from villa the rest all seem more than capable of getting clear.

They are good and I do enjoy watching them but they've spent a lot more money than people realise, even in their promotion season they massively spent yet still get "little old Bournemouth" in the press.

Quote Originally Posted by ★☆★☆★☆ wrote on Sun, 17 January 2016 10:19
    They are good and I do enjoy watching them but they've spent a lot more money than people realise, even in their promotion season they massively spent yet still get "little old Bournemouth" in the press.
    Didn't they fall foul of the FFP as well but as they got promoted it doesn't matter and no sanctions are applied? It does seem a strange business this FFP.

I thought they spent 10 mill on that english full back from france

There was a thread on here last season which highlighted how much it cost for Bournemouth to build their squad last season and besides Callum Wilson it really was peanuts.
    (Could someone find it)

Eddie Howe is a manager going places, you can't fail to be impressed by the man and his team play great football.
    Think Bournemouth will have trouble keeping him and they also face a £10 Million fine when they eventually return to the Championship, though QPR seem to have got off lightly after they were supposed to pay an even bigger fine when they got relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo wrote on Sun, 17 January 2016 10:59
    There was a thread on here last season which highlighted how much it cost for Bournemouth to build their squad last season and besides Callum Wilson it really was peanuts.
    I've read somewhere that their owner is the 3rd richest in the Premier League, behind Man City & Chelsea

2ND team?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot wrote on Sun, 17 January 2016 12:39
    Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo wrote on Sun, 17 January 2016 10:59
    (Could someone find it)
    Eddie Shoestring.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Sun, 17 January 2016 14:45
    I admired a few sides last year, Watford and Norwich too, but if it meant we won one more tackle all season id happily see them get relegated 😉