+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Which teams could do a 'Cardiff' this season?

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Which teams could do a 'Cardiff' this season?

Based on Cardiff's past failures to get promoted after a promising start, I believe Derby will again come up short along with Brighton.

Boro have flattered to deceive in the past and lost it in the final few months after being 'nailed-on' for automatic promotion.

Birmingham / Sheff Wed / Ipswich are looking good to take advantage.

Re: Which teams could do a 'Cardiff' this season?

I think the top two will stay there for the rest of the season.

The play-offs will be the usual dog fight, with Derby doing a Derby & Brighton doing a Cardiff.

Play-off winners, Burnley probably but Sheff Weds as the outside bet.

City? Where I put them at the start of the season 8~10

Even before the game at Wolves yesterday ... I still think Cardiff will be in the mix.

Despite the irrelevant exit from the FA Cup the results over the past couple of months have been expected.

We now have a run of fixtures that are 'winnable'. This is perhaps wishful thinking. Let's hope the likes of Rotherham, MK Dons, Huddersfield and Charlton fail to raise their game or drag us down to their level.

Brighton have slipped right back, only a win at Blackburn lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird wrote on Sun, 17 January 2016 11:35
    Even before the game at Wolves yesterday ... I still think Cardiff will be in the mix.
    Hope you're right, but with Slade in charge I just can't see it. Hope I'm wrong, as our squad is definitely good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig wrote on Sun, 17 January 2016 11:38
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird wrote on Sun, 17 January 2016 11:35
    Despite the irrelevant exit from the FA Cup the results over the past couple of months have been expected.
    If its 4-4-2 next week then I believe that Rotherham will achieve their double against us.

The acid test will be the formation Slade puts out against Rotherham - if he reverts to 4-4-2 and we don't win - sorry Russell you must go