+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 4-5-1

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

4-5-1

An astonishing but long overdue morale-boosting performance at Wolves.

Could this be a turning point in the season or another false dawn?

'Forced' into playing 4-5-1, maybe Mr Slade has stumbled across a system that benefits the team.

I believe that the transfer embargo will be a blessing in disguise. No big egos coming in (as in many years previously) will be a boost for the current 1st team squad who all want to have as much game-time as possible.

Re: 4-5-1

Agreed. It was a good performance and we felt good on the homeward coach for a change.

But then it turned out that Watt was injured anyway, and I couldn't help thinking that he might have played 4-4-2 again but for that. Hope I'm wrong, hope this marks the start of a new approach with more flexible tactics, but only the next few results will tell.

I agree with you about the squad. I think they're good enough to get to the playoffs and by the way they enjoyed yesterday they are rarin' to go for it. They really appreciated our support and seemed together and motivated. I don't care if no-one comes in. He has enough there to do a good job if he uses them properly.

Which is where we came in....

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Re: 4-5-1

Wish I was there to see that performance.

First double of the season as well.

How many turned up?