+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Points needed if we do go on a run...

Points needed if we do go on a run...

With 57 points still on offer, and 40 obtained from our 27 games to date, we're going to have to really up our points gained per match if we are to achieve anything this season.

Based on this piece:

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/re vealed-average-points-tally-required-8874327

It appears that on average we'd need:

1. 93 points to be Champions i.e. 53 points from 57
    2. 86 points to be runners-up i.e. 46 points from 57
    3. 73 points to reach 6th i.e. 33 points from 57 or 1.73 points per game on average.

It is clear that 6th place is still feasible but would need us to up our 1.48 points per game significantly.

The other way of looking at it is we need to win 11 out of the next 19.

If yesterday was anything to go by then we still have a chance, but we really need to win the next 4 games for this to become a real possibility.

I can't see us managing this feat, so it would then be the perfect time to change managers if we are going to do so.

Looks like February could be interesting either way...

Re: Points needed if we do go on a run...

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Sun, 17 January 2016 15:30
    With 57 points still on offer, and 40 obtained from our 27 games to date, we're going to have to really up our points gained per match if we are to achieve anything this season.
    Without getting to far ahead of ourselves I think we need to win the next 3 games just to get back into contention .