+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lex Immers of Feyenoord.

Heisenberg

Re: Lex Immers of Feyenoord.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex DeLarge wrote on Thu, 21 January 2016 17:04
    And I hope Crosey weclomes him and doesn't slag him off like he did that Bird fella.
    Transgender people were the last group to cross off his list.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Thu, 21 January 2016 13:56
    Here is an interesting read about him from Holland.
    Is Russell Slade the Billy Beane of Championship football - or is that still Vincent Tan?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 wrote on Thu, 21 January 2016 17:25
    Cant imagine Brad Pitt playing Slade in the remake though

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel15 wrote on Thu, 21 January 2016 17:47
    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 wrote on Thu, 21 January 2016 17:25
    https://decorrespondent.nl/3919/Why-notorious-klutz-Lex-Imme rs-is-actually-one-of-the-nations-best-soccer-players-Or-was /346079698635-ba2d38c5
    Interesting, entertaining and encouraging article.
    Brilliant article. Would love to see thhe ExpG & A stats for Cardiff players

If Lex Immers had to do his life over 99 times, he'd be a fisherman, darts player, stocking shelves at the supermarket or unemployed.

Quote Originally Posted by SCF08 wrote on Thu, 21 January 2016 18:31
    Terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Thu, 21 January 2016 18:44
    Quote Originally Posted by SCF08 wrote on Thu, 21 January 2016 18:31
    https://decorrespondent.nl/3919/Why-notorious-klutz-Lex-Imme rs-is-actually-one-of-the-nations-best-soccer-players-Or-was /346079698635-ba2d38c5
    Article is rubbish. Graziano Pelle (now Southampton) made him look good.
    I honestly can't believe that you've signed Immers and were also interested in Weghorst from Heracles. It would be very hard to pick two worse players from teams in the top 6 of the Eredivisie table currently. Absolutely mind boggling.

And I hope Crosey weclomes him and doesn't slag him off like he did that Bird fella.
    Prick.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium wrote on Thu, 21 January 2016 19:44
    Prick.
    Is that abuse or banter?

Long interview in fridays Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf (hence the Google translation language).

INTERVIEW Lex Immers tomorrow making his debut for Cardiff City in the English Championship. At his new employer in Wales, he sees a dream come true. "I am treated like a celebrity and they do everything for me. ''

Immediately a baptism of fire for a home crowd?

Immers ,, I am now come to have a few hectic days. Back and forth flown to the Netherlands, just back here for the last, still long negotiations. But the manager, Russell Slade, has said he wants immediately to me. I haven't trained in four days, but it may start on the bench and possible start. Only the paperwork must be completed. The international release must be received on time. I hope it works. Still fun if you go away from Rotterdam and your first game is against Rotherham. ''

Spend all English spoken with your new colleagues?

,, It went great. In the stadium were the guys to train when I arrived at the Malaysian director Ken Choo. That was immediately laugh. Those guys all came. Ken Choo went to play soccer and wanted to jump on top of frolicking players. That man will find everything wonderful. Then the players wanted that I immediately came to eat with them. I had to sit next to the captain and everyone asked me anything. Conversely, I wanted to know them a bit. ''

They see you as a key player?

,,Certainly. It's nice when you are so welcome. They may also think that there is another competitor. But they are just very respectful and think I can help them to reach the play-offs for promotion. Since I'm going to do my best for enormous. The club is very good for me, I am treated like a celebrity and they do everything for me. ''

How is your departure joined Feyenoord?

,, I look back on a wonderful time, three half beautiful years. But I still can not say goodbye to the boys. I had to keep silent for a moment of the week. Meanwhile I have all of my buddies had a message. Jordy Clasie and Daryl Janmaat have already called me. Jordy has invited me to come along in Southampton, Daryl asked me to come to Newcastle. But I just heard that Newcastle seven hours drive from here ... ''

Why did it take so long?

,, Contract negotiations remain always tricky when it comes to the last things. Frank Schouten, my agent has so many terrible things have to adjust. But it all worked out. ''

Is it true that the Malaysian owner you wanted because you have twice the number 8 in your date of birth?

Treasure up: ,, I have heard that this figure brings happiness in their eyes. He did not himself told me. But I am of June 8, 1986, so then it's okay with me. ''

What have you all these years with English football?

,, Everything. I got home even a dish to SkySports. I want to see everything and think English football great. Today she asked me at the club what kind of player I am. I have said that I am a 'box to box player', which many trips, keeps going and goals can make. I think I have to pass. I have also heard many stories, of course, the guys who went to English clubs before Feyenoord. ''

Are you definitively away from De Kuip?

,,Not really. I should immediately wanted to draw for a few years, who wanted the club for that matter. But that may not even by the ban on Cardiff to buy players. Well, we'll do it this way. Alas, it has the advantage that I can see half a year for me. But we're going to settle it here. I'll soon look for an apartment and my family comes over next week. ''

A dream come true?

,,Yes dude. I'm the biggest club in the Netherlands to the biggest club in Wales have gone. I have also said so. And I mean it.''

^^

Personally (and I suspect just like a few other City followers) I'm just going to do the 'wait and see' thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. wrote on Thu, 21 January 2016 22:45
    ^^
    Not me. I've sacked him already.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales wrote on Wed, 20 January 2016 16:47
    I merely hope he's decent and he comes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie wrote on Wed, 20 January 2016 16:23
    Thats what she said..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. wrote on Wed, 20 January 2016 12:48
    Who ? Mrs Steve R. ?
    Cheeky.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Thu, 21 January 2016 22:50
    ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. wrote on Thu, 21 January 2016 22:45
    And whether he was related to legendary 60's Feyenoord Winger Ronnie Immers.

Quote Originally Posted by SCF08 wrote on Thu, 21 January 2016 22:31
    Long interview in fridays Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf (hence the Google translation language).
    Making him feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium wrote on Thu, 21 January 2016 19:44
    Prick.
    Slagging off a player before he's even kicked a ball again ffs

,,Yes dude. I'm the biggest club in the Netherlands.''
    What a boastful man.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 wrote on Fri, 22 January 2016 12:48
    Oh Dear
    Is that the best 'ridicule' they can manage? Oh dear, indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 wrote on Fri, 22 January 2016 13:42
    Oh Dear
    They used to have a convicted Cardiff City hooligan play up front for them. Most people forget about football before the premier league era, seems like the Jacks forget about football before they joined the premier league as well.

I'm not getting a good feeling about this - but he may suit the Championship better than the Dutch leagues. So let's see if he can actually run at all, which would immediately make him a better buy than Macheda and Cornelius...

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Fri, 22 January 2016 16:29
    I'm not getting a good feeling about this - but he may suit the Championship better than the Dutch leagues. So let's see if he can actually run at all, which would immediately make him a better buy than Macheda and Cornelius...
    For the past three full seasons he has been a virtual ever present for Feyenoord scoring at almost a goal every three games.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues wrote on Fri, 22 January 2016 18:23
    Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Fri, 22 January 2016 16:29
    I'm not sure why you don't seem to think he didn't suit the Dutch league.
    Good news is he looked shit in training , upwards and on wards

Quote Originally Posted by dadmancat wrote on Fri, 22 January 2016 08:47
    Spend all English spoken with your new colleagues?
    Those guys all came.