+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Collins to Wolves

Collins to Wolves

I see Newport County have let their young lad Collins go to wolves. I saw him on Monday and, while he needs work, he has something about him. A touch of the joe mason maybe.

Point is, if a championship club spots a potential star in ruddy Newport ......where the hell were we??? Did City even have a nose??

Re: Collins to Wolves

It's a fair point to make given how close Newport is to Cardiff, and concerns about the Swansea operation in areas that have been traditionally Cardiff.

However, against that in recent years the club have brought a lot of players into the Academy/Development squads from other part of the country or Europe - under the noses of other clubs?

Jazzi Barnum-Bobb (Watford), Rhys Healey (Connah's Quay), Luke O'Reilly (Nike Academy - ex West Ham and Peterboro'), Kadeem Harris (Wycombe), Luke Wakeman (Wolves), Marco Weymans (PSV), Jordan Blaise (Bordeaux).... and probably others.

Win some, lose some?

And how many of those players have made it?

Maybe it's because he's not that good. We can't take every young player on from Wales. We never have.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 wrote on Fri, 22 January 2016 23:08
    It's a fair point to make given how close Newport is to Cardiff, and concerns about the Swansea operation in areas that have been traditionally Cardiff.
    Should they though? Have any of those players added anything that the same time and money spent on players here/in this area couldn't?

Quote Originally Posted by skewblue wrote on Fri, 22 January 2016 23:13
    Train, car, hitching maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. wrote on Sat, 23 January 2016 00:31
    I think they all got there alright.
    Funny you should say that. After a recent trip to France, I found Weymans clinging to the axle of my camper van at Magor Services

Because Collins has signed for Wolves does not mean he's made it yet either?

Noone to Bournemouth 3.2mil

I heard a strong rumour this morning that Noone will be off to Bournemouth for 3.2 Million.

If it happens would be sad to see him go, but great for him, deserves that level of football.